4 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG CHN 7 50.61
5 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN 5 54.41
6 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG USA 6 52.23
Warm-Up Group 3
7 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 1 71.41
8 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS CAN 2 59.98
9 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 3 59.92
10 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN USA 4 55.25

Wow Y/C are in the last spot! This is going to be really interesting...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
There are so many great teams here, I don't know who to cheer for. I pretty much love all the American and Canadian teams! And of course there's Pang and Tong!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
What's the word on Mark Ladwig's boot? Surely he isn't going borrow Swieger's again then pass the boots back before Warmup 3? :eek:

skfan

Final Flight
What's the word on Mark Ladwig's boot? Surely he isn't going borrow Swieger's again then pass the boots back before Warmup 3? :eek:

i'm thinking he could have arranged something, just not within the 3 minutes allowed for a re-skate. i hope so, anyway.

gold12345

Medalist

Supposedly the boot is fixed, or at least repaired well enough to get him through the competition. I'm probably going to be thinking about the boot throughout their entire skate!

futureidol

On the Ice
Fingers crossed this works. I can't watch the other stream as I am on a mac. Currently it is showing a performance from last night and won't even load completely. Let me know if you have any luck with the link.

It's not working and I feel like crying. I can watch all the vids, except this one. I hate my life.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Mar-Bru: crashy twist but otherwise they did a great job in their first major intl FS! This pair definitely has a future.

shusterbutski

Rinkside
It's not working and I feel like crying. I can watch all the vids, except this one. I hate my life.

It's so annoying because the feed almost works. If I refresh my browser I get a live feed for a few seconds then it just keeps repeating itself from that point. If I keep refreshing my browser every few seconds I can watch it in bits and pieces but I have a feeling thats just going to get me really mad. Guess its back to waiting for scores then for YouTube.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Dang it, I must've just missed them, cries. :(

I was too busy over in the main forum writing about my review of RISE.

Yikes, and I just noticed I missed the Mens as well.

Still, I wouldn't change it for the world, I'm glad I went to see RISE and also wrote my review. :)

Will be back to watch the Mens FS tomorrow or the day after. Now I'm just hoping to see M&B up on youtube sometime soon, hopefully tomorrow. :love:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
T/T: look a little cautious, maybe more ragged than usual. She had falls on both jump passes. Like M/B, tech difficulty isn't up there yet with the seasoned Sr pairs. They are very pleasant to watch and I'm sure will keep improving. I'm sure by this point in the season they are tired. Score .102.38

Mirunna

Record Breaker
T/T had some problems: she fell on her side by side 3S and 2A, but landed the two throws. But what a gorgeous pair they are! She especially is a star, too bad that she has so many problems with her jumps

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Dong/Wu are doing OK--he had jump problems--but I've never been a fan. They don't have the consistency or the big tricks a la the Zhangs, and no personality to get behind. Not musical--they just power through everything regardless of what's playing, and seem to just be working to get through the program. Lifts are scary, they always look slightly shaky. (I saw them abort one at CoC just in time to avert a catastrophe, so I always hold my breath.) I'm not seeing tremendous future upside for this pair. 88.69. Lower FS and total than M/B!

Last edited:

icemusings

On the Ice
1. Takahashi/Tran, JPN: 52.56 TES + 51.82 PCS -2.00 = 102.38 Total: 152.63
2. Marley/Brubaker, USA: 51.35 TES + 47.51 PCS = 98.86 Total: 144.46
3. Dong/Wu, CHN: 47.38 TES + 41.31 PCS = 88.69 Total: 135.10

Takashi and Tran had a lot of problems with their free skate but it must be very difficult to be training a senior and junior program at the same time and switching back and forth so many times over the season. They show promise and will benefit from doing only one level.

Marley and Brubaker had a good skate with no major errors and I expect they'll only improve over time.

Dong and Wu's program was nothing special and they seem to lack many of the qualities that the Chinese are known for. Her air positions are also not very good but they try and hide them.