Pairs FS 4CCs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS 4CCs

gold12345

Medalist
Mar-Bru: crashy twist but otherwise they did a great job in their first major intl FS! This pair definitely has a future.

Marley also doubled the 3S... And the throw flip was a double, but that was intentional. For coming here kind of last minute, I thought they looked fine. The lift positions aren't so good, and they'll want to improve the throws, but it was a respectable skate after coming into this in 10th.

Takahashi/Tran sure have a full competition schedule with both the Jr & Sr events. They are a beautiful team with sbs jumping issues... But she at least landed the throws better than usual.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Zhang/Wang starting strong with good first SBS jumps, she had slight bobble on 2nd pass. doing a credible job, look a little slow. Oh boy, problems on lift, didn't get up, that's a shame, looked llike mistiming. Nice throws.I think this pair looks good and may be one of the "next generation" to carry the Chinese banner with more seasoning. Their heights/sizes are well matched. Need to pick up speed.

Wow: 88.32 and total 138.93. Behind M/B!

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Marley also doubled the 3S... And the throw flip was a double, but that was intentional. For coming here kind of last minute, I thought they looked fine. The lift positions aren't so good, and they'll want to improve the throws, but it was a respectable skate after coming into this in 10th.

Takahashi/Tran sure have a full competition schedule with both the Jr & Sr events. They are a beautiful team with sbs jumping issues... But she at least landed the throws better than usual.

Yes i know M/B intentionally did double twist. Also T/T. They don't have the triple down yet. I'm sure next season we might see from both of them..:biggrin:

gold12345

Medalist
Such nice throws for Zhang/Wang, but the lifts are a bit troublesome... And they don't do a triple twist anymore? They also stumbled during choreography. Ouch. Nice 3T-2T

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
M-T/M are bringing it. They are skating like seniors at least, not scared kids. :) And she falls on a throw as I write. Oy. But back into it to finish. Maybe it's her positions, but there's something a little loosey-goosey in their delivery that needs to be tightened up. Pretty good job though. I expect will go to first easily.

Can't help but wonder how Dube/Davison will figure back into the Canadian pairs mix next season--assuming they come back.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
M-T/M skated well... just the fall on the throw 3 sal. They are definitely rough around the edges, but they really go after it. And great strength on those lifts.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Evora/Ladwig are an outrageously good looking pair. She falls on first jump pass, hand down on throw. Come on guys, hold it together. Spins off but so are everybody elses in this comp so far. She falls again hard on double axle attempt. How disheartening. Beautiful lifts. she hangs onto the 2nd throw. IMO, best musical interpretation/other PCS deserved so far. But the falls likely won't get you onto the podium. Sigh. 105.07 total 157.30 2nd behind M-T/M.

gold12345

Medalist
Far from Evora/Ladwig's best today. 2 falls and hands down on a throw. I wonder if the skate issue has been on their minds? At least they recovered well with the throw 3loop and the great lifts.

ETA: I just read that Jeremy Barrett's grandmother passed away :( That could explain why Evora might have seemed a little out of it today.

Last edited:

icemusings

On the Ice
Zhang/Wang, CHN: 45.63 TES + 42.69 PCS = 88.32 Total: 138.93
Some nice throws, but an aborted lift and no choreography or performance

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, CAN: 58.93 TES + 53.88 PCS -1.00 = 11.81 Total: 166.22
Overall a solid program despite the fall on her second throw and an awkward death spiral position

Evora/Ladwig, USA: 53.57 TES + 53.50 PCS -2.00 = 105.07 Total: 157.30
She fell on both the side by side jumps and just didn't seem to really be in the performance today

M-T/M lead followed by Evora/Ladwig and Takahashi/Tran.

futureidol

On the Ice
Far from Evora/Ladwig's best today. 2 falls and hands down on a throw. I wonder if the skate issue has been on their minds? At least they recovered well with the throw 3loop and the great lifts.

Probably that coupled with the fact that Amanda is married to Jeremy and his grandmother passed away, not to mention him getting his leg sliced open and ending his season. Amanda probably had a lot on her mind :(

Wish I could watch the skating. This really blows for mac users...

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
Probably that coupled with the fact that Amanda is married to Jeremy and his grandmother is sick/dying (?) and not to mention him getting his leg sliced open and ending his season. Amanda probably had a lot on her mind :(

Yes, I edited my post to add that his grandmother passed away. Such a shame.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
^^ I didn't know about the grandmother. Sorry to hear. I didn't realize Amanda and Jeremy were already married--thought they were still engaged. Regardless, yes they each have had a full plate of worries off-ice.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Pang and Tong have this competition in the bag, I think. I got back to the stream about 30 seconds late but it looks like except for a little jump bobble by her, they were very "on." Very beautiful program although I liked their Impossible Dream program even more. I think they will be in the hunt for World medal this year, wouldn't count them out. 128.04, total 199.45.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I had some stream freezes during L/S program so not sure what I missed. But what I saw looked quite strong, except for a small hand down on a throw by her. CCTV5 is broadcasting on 5 minute delay right now so I'll try to catch the whole thing. 111.75 total 171.73.

ETA: He had a jump issue but no huge snafus. They can be proud of how they skated their competition programs here.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The Duhamel/Radford team is growing on me fast. They are skating like they mean it. Wow. She is fearless. I didn't see any major oopsies. I'm not good enough to count levels or things on pairs, but I think this was a stronger FS than L/S. Judges think so too. 121.87 total 181.79 and second place. Well done!

gold12345

Medalist
Yankowskas/Coughlin were doing so well until that popped throw 3S! And she had to wrap her arm around him on the twist. I really like this program though.