Ladies Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Looks like I've got half an hour to stretch and make some coffee. See you on the Men's thread!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocols are up already!

MIKI received all plus GOES including a few threes!
MAO's triple axel was under-rotated and received a very harsh -2.29 GOE making just a few tenths above a double axel. She also got negative GOE on her 3F-2L combo. But two level four spins and a level 3 layback gave her the slight edge.
RACHAEL had no negative GOE and despite the flailing arms, judges really liked her step sequence --two judges gave her a +3!
MIRAI had a UR on her Lutz and a edge call on her flip, leading to negative GOE on those two jupming passes. But She received level fours on all her spins + positive GOE.
ALISSA -- Received an edge call on her flip and of course a fall on her 3Z, though it was fully rotated. Otherwise all level 4s on her spins an a whole lot of +3s for those spins!!
AKIKO -- got an edge call and a UR on her flip so lots of Negative GOE. But she was solid in her other elements.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Lord, I love Mirai. She really performed that program. Got some of her old exuberance back. Too bad about the shaky edge and two footed lutz. sigh.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I agree with the placements, lol, even though I have yet to see Mao!

Witches of Eastwick is not a phenomenal program for Mirai imho. She can skate to anything, but whomever is choosing her music is not doing it right, choose something that will blow everybody else away. Dang it, she HAS the goods, but what she needs is the right piece of music, and this year's programs just don't cut it imho.

I would LOVE to see Mirai skate to the "White Swan" for the SP, and then turn it on for the FS and skate to the "Black Swan". Show off her versatility! S-H-E can skate to anything!!!!

But here, she was just okay, which is saying alot because no matter what she has the look. Still, if you don't bring it you don't get the marks, as it should be. She's got to skate clean with no bobbles and little glitches here & there. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Rach came ahead of her, as it should be.

People underestimate Rachael imho, she's got joie de vivre to the stars!!!!! :love: And she skates with lots of passion, conviction, soul. Also, her jumps are getting better & better, must be from training alongside Agnes Zawadzki whom pushes her & vice versa, now Rachael's 3lutz is BIG, as well as her 3F! :thumbsup:

She just keeps getting better & better & better, working at it, just like Miki has, proving it's never too late to improve and become the best that you can be. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
What's up with Mirai getting edge calls on her flip this year? Seems to be a new mistake that has creeped in there. :sheesh:

Anyway, glad the U.S. ladies are 345. Good luck to them tomorrow. And good night all! Thanks for watching with me!

Layfan

Record Breaker
I agree with the placements, lol, even though I have yet to see Mao!

Witches of Eastwick is not a phenomenal program for Mirai imho. She can skate to anything, but whomever is choosing her music is not doing it right, choose something that will blow everybody else away. Dang it, she HAS the goods, but what she needs is the right piece of music, and this year's programs just don't cut it imho.

I would LOVE to see Mirai skate to the "White Swan" for the SP, and then turn it on for the FS and skate to the "Black Swan". Show off her versatility! S-H-E can skate to anything!!!!

But here, she was just okay, which is saying alot because no matter what she has the look. Still, if you don't bring it you don't get the marks, as it should be. She's got to skate clean with no bobbles and little glitches here & there. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Rach came ahead of her, as it should be.

People underestimate Rachael imho, she's got joie de vivre to the stars!!!!! :love: And she skates with lots of passion, conviction, soul. Also, her jumps are getting better & better, must be from training alongside Agnes Zawadzki whom pushes her & vice versa, now Rachael's 3lutz is BIG, as well as her 3F! :thumbsup:

She just keeps getting better & better & better, working at it, just like Miki has, proving it's never too late to improve and become the best that you can be. :)

ITA about Mirai. I think she sold the music well tonight but I've always said she deserves something much more inspiring. And yes, I think she can skate to anything if pushed.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I predict tomorrow Miki will give a jump lesson and run away with the title in high fashion!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I predict tomorrow Miki will give a jump lesson and run away with the title in high fashion!

No kidding. Miki's consistency is just amazing to see. And clearly the judges are ready to give her a 120+ if she's clean. She could totally get on top that season's best board...

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If Miki skates tomorrow like she did in nationals, she will score over 130, based on what she got today in the SP(she got 64 for her SP at nationals, which was clean, like the one she did today. Here she got 66.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If Miki skates tomorrow like she did in nationals, she will score over 130, based on what she got today in the SP(she got 64 for her SP at nationals, which was clean, like the one she did today. Here she got 66.)

Good point. I can see her getting a 130+ if she skates clean and gets the GOEs she got today!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are the judges so in love with Ando? She has nothing but jumps going for her. In between her jumps she does nothing no interesting choreography nothing. I guess reputation still means a lot in this sport.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Why are the judges so in love with Ando? She has nothing but jumps going for her. In between her jumps she does nothing no interesting choreography nothing. I guess reputation still means a lot in this sport.

Well not really, she didn't really do that well last season. While she won her grand prix events and placed second in GPF, she was only 4th at Japanese nationals, Fifth at the Olympics and Fourth at Worlds, so clearly the "reputation" did not help her there.

That said, she has been the most consistant skater this year, save her GPF SP. You may say she only has the "jumps" but I think she deserves those +2 and +3 for those jumps . I guess the PCS is debatable, but I don't really feel like Miki is getting titles by reputation.

And the fact is today, she and Rachael were the only ones in the final group to come away without any URs or edge calls or negative GOE.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

I know. The scoring of Ando this whole year has been a joke. It it things like Miki Andos scores this season which erodes any credability of the sport. No wonder figure skating is almost dead, since even a casual observer can see the farce of it sometimes.