Ladies Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
What! You two are always Debbie Downers when it comes to Miki & Rachael, you guys just won't give them a chance, you've already tried & convicted them without a fair trial imho. :)

Have either of you even bothered to see the new & improved Miki at 4CC? Hmm, I thought not, otherwise you two wouldn't be saying such things...Miki was honestly sublime...her posture, fingers, hands, arms were amongst the best of the best tonight, as well her jumps are always BIG & HUGE....so no surprise there. But she's also improved her spins ~ lovely, low to the ground, elegant. That's what she's become now, an elegant young lady, no longer just that jumper from the past when she first started out. Now she is an honest to God all-around skater! :rock:

And Rachael, OMG, Rachael, she makes me cry with her joie de vivre, especially tonight! When she's on she's in another world, a mythical magical creature, free & unrestrained! :love: And her jumps, OMG, her jumps are truthfully twice as big as they used to be, most likely from training alongside Agnes Zawadzki. Complete, fully rotated, correct technique, right now amongst the very best of the American woman. And that's the truth! Well deserved scores! :thumbsup:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What! You two are always Debbie Downers when it comes to Miki & Rachael, you guys just won't give them a chance, you've already tried & convicted them without a fair trial imho. :)

Have either of you even bothered to see the new & improved Miki at 4CC? Hmm, I thought not, otherwise you two wouldn't be saying such things...Miki was honestly sublime...her posture, fingers, hands, arms were amongst the best of the best tonight, as well her jumps are always BIG & HUGE....so no surprise there. But she's also improved her spins ~ lovely, low to the ground, elegant. That's what she's become now, an elegant young lady, no longer just that jumper from the past when she first started out. Now she is an honest to God all-around skater! :rock:

And Rachael, OMG, Rachael, she makes me cry with her joie de vivre, especially tonight! When she's on she's in another world, a mythical magical creature, free & unrestrained! :love: And her jumps, OMG, her jumps are truthfully twice as big as they used to be, most likely from training alongside Agnes Zawadzki. Complete, fully rotated, correct technique, right now amongst the very best of the American woman. And that's the truth! Well deserved scores! :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you, but I find it pointless to try to debate/argue/discuss with people who have already made up their minds.

That said, I totally agree with you with Miki. Her jumps were solid and her spins were very much improved. And I sense a fire/passion in her that I didn't see from her last year.

Bartek

On the Ice
Did you even bother people to watch her? Her spins are way better then they were in the past and deserved those high GOE, not to mention her jumps which are always high and big. And she actually skated this program artistically well too. She deserves avery single GOE she's been getting this season but that's true that PCS are a bit too high.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Did you even bother people to watch her? Her spins are way better then they were in the past and deserved those high GOE, not to mention her jumps which are always high and big. And she actually skated this program artistically well too. She deserves avery single GOE she's been getting this season but that's true that PCS are a bit too high.

I think the PCS was pretty close here, not like Japanese Nationals where she was like five points higher....I would say maybe down a point or two. But I think she still deserved to be first on TES alone.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
My biggest gripe with miki is her lack of artistry... She tries to be artistic, as opposed to being artistic... No matter how clean she skates, i wouldnt give her above 130.

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
I totally agree with you!!!
Why are the judges so in love with Ando? She has nothing but jumps going for her. In between her jumps she does nothing no interesting choreography nothing. I guess reputation still means a lot in this sport.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
My biggest gripe with miki is her lack of artistry... She tries to be artistic, as opposed to being artistic... No matter how clean she skates, i wouldnt give her above 130.

Her spins also suck. LOL at the positive GOE for Miki Andos spins. As for her jumps they are good but Yu Na Kim for example has much better jumps. So if Miki gets +3 GOE, I guess they will need to invent a +5 in GOE for Kim come Worlds to be fair.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

You mean 130 for the LP or 130 overall?

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I still haven't see today's skates, but I'm with those saying that she deserves what she gets this season. Maybe she isn't too artistic, but she can be artistic and she has an amazing consistency, beautiful jumps and she has improved so much in spins and overall (eg posture, arms,..), so I don't get why people is always protesting against her (and Rachael)'s results...

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
Agree with you guys! I can't believe she's considered the best right now! I miss Kim so much....Ando's a boring champion in my opinion:(
Her spins also suck. LOL at the positive GOE for Miki Andos spins. As for her jumps they are good but Yu Na Kim for example has much better jumps. So if Miki gets +3 GOE, I guess they will need to invent a +5 in GOE for Kim come Worlds to be fair.

Rachael Flatt actually got higher scores in tech than Mao but her PC scores were among the lowest of the top 6. :confused:

Miki is one of those "competitive" skaters that skates clean. Her coach/choreographer knows too well the Point System of the CoP. :thumbsup: It's a Sport as well as a Pagaent.

I'd love to see these two on Unisport.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt actually got higher scores in tech than Mao but her PC scores were among the lowest of the top 6. :confused:

Miki is one of those "competitive" skaters that skates clean. Her coach/choreographer knows too well the Point System of the CoP. :thumbsup: It's a Sport as well as a Pagaent.

I'd love to see these two on Unisport.

Hey Joe, the women's program is on-demand here: http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix_ii/b/279929135

Nadine

Record Breaker
Like Scott Hamilton said at the 1994 Olympic Games ~ "the judges are conservative, it takes a lot to turn them around."

Yet, I feel they are beginning to like Rach, easy to see, look how great her scores are here! Just takes time is all. She's the Haley Mills of figure skating imho. :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
130 for LP of course. And yes, i am being generous

Well perhaps you see it as being generous, but her personal best is 127 from 2007 Worlds. I think she had a whole lot more technical content back then (including a 3Z-3L) but she's improved in other areas, so I don't think 130 is impossible.

Nadine

Record Breaker
FYI:

Rachael was only 2 pts. behind Miki with the second highest tech. score of the night! :thumbsup:

Also, Rachael came in fifth in PCS scores, really tied with Alissa in 4th with 28.94, whereas Rachael's was 28.80. :)

katymay

Medalist
Miki Ando

What's up with Mirai getting edge calls on her flip this year? Seems to be a new mistake that has creeped in there. :sheesh:

Anyway, glad the U.S. ladies are 345. Good luck to them tomorrow. And good night all! Thanks for watching with me!

No, I noticed the edge problem. Miki has HUGE jumps, and today, terrific choreography, BUT she didn't seem at all comfortable with the choreography-none of it flows, and yes, I wish she would learn to extend her leg and point her toe. By the way though, Yuna also fails to point her toe-bugs me to death.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Rachaels new SP is much nicer. Too bad she still has that godawful LP. And I dont think hardly anyone talks about Rachael being overscored generally. Nationals this year was about the only time some people thought she was gifted. Usually she isnt scored with much genororisity.

Miki Ando is a whole other story altogether. However this year is a whole new level of score inflation. She is the Patrick Chan of womens skating minus all the brilliance of Chan who falls aside is clearly the best skater in the World today otherwise, which Ando amongst her gender certainly is not.