Ladies Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, FTnoona, I've added the link you so generously provided to my FAVORITES. :)

Seriously, there are some people that never have to leave the ice, lol the same exact saying was said about Oksana Baiul by Scott Hamilton. And Taryn Jurgensen is one of those very special people

Btw, I screwed up, Jane Seymour's character is Elise McKenna (duh, Nadine, knocks self on head :biggrin: ), and Christopher Reeve plays Richard Collier. I have a special connection to that movie, which I choose to remain private, thus one of my pulls to it and its past. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
oh my. This is taking a long time. I hope I can stay awake for the third group but I'm fading.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I know me too and it's only 10:42PM PST here in the PNW, but the commercials are loooong...

FTnoona

Final Flight
Thanks, FTnoona, I've added the link you so generously provided to my FAVORITES. :)

Seriously, there are some people that never have to leave the ice, lol the same exact saying was said about Oksana Baiul by Scott Hamilton. And Taryn Jurgensen is one of those very special people

Btw, I screwed up, Jane Seymour's character is Elise McKenna (duh, Nadine, knocks self on head :biggrin: ), and Christopher Reeve plays Richard Collier. I have a special connection to that movie, which I choose to remain private, thus one of my pulls to it and its past. :)

I remember seeing her skate and choreo some ex programs with Mirai during early morning freestyle sessions.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:) What a pleasure it must have been for you to see her skate. Myself, I love beautiful skating, actually I just love God's beauty in general, no matter whence it comes...

Enidan

On the Ice
Crystal Kiang (TPE)

Nice black dress (kinda similar to shizuka 2004 World FS dress)
triple lutz?(underrotate)-double toe
triple loop (two-footed)
double axel
footwork - good energy
sit spins
layback-beillman - nice
She looks happy and sastify

Enidan

On the Ice
Lejeanne Marais (RSA)

double loop
double axel - nice
triple salchow - fall
flying camel-sit spin-layback
spiral
sit spin
footwork
layback spin

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Lejeanne Marais (RSA)

music: Todes

2L nice
2A nice
3S ur, fall
camel-sit-upright/layback variations OK
flying sit-pancake chgft
fw
layback versions
no combo? long entries, really telegraphs jumps. not a lot of transitions. needs to work on positions and extensions
looks like a competent skater, would like to see her with different music, this didn't seem to work very naturally for her
31.99 3rd place so far.

Nadine

Record Breaker
lovely lovely performance, dressed in sparkly white, a vision with her black hair pulled back into a bun, lots of expression not only in body but also face!!!! :thumbsup:

And her 3L/2T was FAB!

Too bad she only did a 2F, and her 2A was ok, not her best, but everything else wonderful, loved the outside spiral, nice fw, etc. Should get a good score imho. :)

Enidan

On the Ice
Melinda Wang (TPE)

triple toe-double toe - nice
double flip?
nice layback - a little slow at the end
double axel - weak landing
footkwork - nice
flying sit spin
camel spin- really slow into sit spin
Very happy about her performance

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Melinda Wang (TPE)

music: Otonal with Maria B's white dress!

looked like 3T-2T? decent
2F
layback, very pretty
spread eagle
2A, little swingy coming out
fw, works with this music well
flying sit, so-so
bk camel, pancake, upright

nice sense of music, spins not her strength. pretty skating nice style
36.51 2nd

Nadine

Record Breaker
oops speaking about the lovely gal from TPE. Into 2nd place, well deserved!!!! :thumbsup:

Enidan

On the Ice
Qiuying ZHU (CHN)

She looks confident and take her time
triple flip - double toe (underrotate the flip)
triple toe loop - shaky landing
layback spin
double axel - fall
footwork
combo spins

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Qiuying Zhu (CHN)

another white dress! (must have been an international sale on white stretchy fabric this yr)

3F-2T doublefooted first jump
3T ur? also dbleft
layback with variations
2A fall
fw, seems slow
camel-sit-chft-Y spins
flying camel

one of the more balletic of the Chinese ladies, flawed performance but has promise
35.08 3rd.

Nadine

Record Breaker
The Chinese girl was wonderful as well, can't believe there have been 3 lovely performances thus far that have left me with joy! :)

Reincarnation of Oksana Baiul on ice imho, swan on ice...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Chae-Hwa Kim (KOR)

Piano Fantasy

(for piano this music sounds awfully like strings to me)
(aborted 3T?)
3S-2T good
camel-sit-chft Y
fw
spread eagle into nice 2A
more fw
flying camel, a little wild then slow, catch foot, ugh position
layback variations

very mature and lady-like style, is older (20's) not a teenybopper. Maybe limited upside potential at this point but pleasant to watch
33.76 4th

Nadine

Record Breaker
For the latest lady that skated I would tell her not to look so glum, she did very well, especially enjoyed her spiral into 2A, smile!!!!! :) :) :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, powerful performance from PUERTO RICO!!! :cool:

Something totally different, unique, would looooove to see Agnes Zawadzki tackle this powerful gorgeous number, including choreography, music, costume, et al. This piece was made for a power skater!

And I loooved the upright Bauer into 2A, too bad about the fall on 3F, and the unsteady 3R, but good performance. :)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Victoria Muniz (PUR)

ina bauer into 2A, powerful
3F fall missed combo
spread eagle
3L hand touch but held on
flying camel, catchfoot good
camel-sit combo
fw looks a little labored or forced
layback

interesting skater, interesting look and style, athletic. Age 22 so probably not too much time left to get consistent on the big jumps. Pretty good spinner.
35.45 3rd (higher than I expected)

ETA: Does anybody know if this skater has competed in the US in qualifying competitions? I would think she's good enough to at least get through Regionals?

Last edited: