Men's Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Looks like Sawyer missed two jumps at the end? Total lost opportunity to move up a bit and look like he will go down in the standings. :(

His Alice FS is the best though! Good that is strength is the FS. I sincerely hope he saves his best for Worlds. :)

I have a feeling that Reynolds will indeed have the skate of his life tonight and finish the highest of the Canadian men. Maybe a medal if he is lucky.

I would be so thrilled if that would happen. I think it would make his season worthwhile and give confidence going into next season. Fingers crossed.

Bartek

On the Ice
I don't understand how could Shawn get only 67 for PCS for doing this what is called figure skating. He skated to the music wonderfully and portrayed the character. And Joubert at Euros got 73...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jialiang WU (CHN)

Music: Cuesta Abajo by Raul di Blasio

3A+3T
3S
3A
3Lz
FCCoSp
CiSt
3Lz+2T
3Lo
CSSp
2A+2T+2Lo
3F - lip
ChSt
FSSp

Clean skate - good for him!

Score: 136.48, PB, total 199.78 and into 1st for now

shusterbutski

Rinkside
I don't understand how could Shawn get only 67 for PCS for doing this what is called figure skating. He skated to the music wonderfully and portrayed the character. And Joubert at Euros got 73...

I agree that is ludicrous, I've never understood how Joubert has been able to score such high PCS throughout his career.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Love love love Kozuka and this program. Wish he had been perfect but alas... Think he will need mistakes from the men currently ahead of him to get up on the podium.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job by Takahiko, just fall on opening quad? then stumble on 3R later on in the program, but excellent spins, fw, et al. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

He's forever underscored in PCS. Needs higher TES to raise his PCS.

I'm surprised Koz didn't score a little higher either.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Great triple axels from Kozuka and I think he'll get credit for the quad. Just a fall and some mishaps at the end, but a good performance looking toward Worlds.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 1 by Franz Liszt

4T - fall
3A
3Lz+2T
CCoSp
SeSt
3A+2T+2Lo - nice
3F
3Lz+3T
3Lo - twofooted, turnout
2S
FSSp
ChSt
FCCoSp - nice scratch spin

A couple of mistakes...will it be enough to pull himself on the podium?

Score: 157.27, total 223.52 and into 1st for now

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He's forever underscored in PCS. Needs higher TES to raise his PCS.

I'm surprised Koz didn't score a little higher either.

Well given Shawn's inconsistancy in the past, I think he's getting reputation underscoring. I think now that he put down a good program tonight, maybe we'll see some improvement at Worlds.

jan

On the Ice
Shawn is very artistic but if you compare his power and run of the blade to some of the very top skaters he falls a little short.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jinlin GUAN (CHN)

Music: Turandot by Giacomo Puccini

4T - fall
3F
3S
FCSp
3Lz
CCoSp
SlSt
3F+2T
3Lo
3Lz+3T
2A+2T+2Lo
ChSt
FCCoSp

Score: 137.30, PB, total 201.98, PB, and into 2nd for now

shusterbutski

Rinkside
This is sad to watch. Really to bad that Kevin could never put it together this season, not really sure what lays in store for him in the future.