Medalist
OUch

Daisuke TAKAHASHI

3A - Very Good!
3Lz/3T - good!
3S - good
3F - good
3Lz/2T - Nice!

Great program for Daisuke despite the fall on quad!

That was the worst kind of fall...BUT this dude NEVER slows down, the rest of the program was spectacular. What energy.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
For some reason watching Adam skate, I'm getting an old image of John Curry. (Well, John Curry if he had to do COP.)

By turning that first 3A into a 2A, and bungling the 2nd 3A, I think he may not make it onto the podium. Beautiful skate otherwise though. In many ways I prefer this program to Jeremy's, and I do like Jeremy's very much.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

1A+2T (or was it a double?)
3F
3Lz - 'Rippon'
CiSt
FSSp
3A - twofooted, looked DG <<
3F+3T
3Lz+2T+2Lo - 'Rippon'
3Lo
CCoSp
3S
FCCoSp

The triple axel is still giving him problems...He has to fix this if he wants to be a contender

Score: 137.30, total 210.01 and into 5th place

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I made it! I'm going to go fall down for a few hours. Congrats to Dai, Yuzu and Jeremy, and to all a good night!

Nadine

Record Breaker
My only consolation is that I know if Evan Lysacek had skated, he would have done so cleanly, and been at least second, if not 1st. Nobody beats his nice long clean lines, consistency, and passionate performance.

Here's hoping Evan comes back next season, along with Zhenya. :)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Japanese men go 1-2-3 in the Free Skate, 2 medals but not the two we were expecting. This Hanyu kid is something, while we were all focused on Dai, Kozuka, and Oda, this kid sneaks in and gets in a bunch of quick punches!

Is he going to Worlds? I agree with somebody above who said this kid is dangerous!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Japanese men go 1-2-3 in the Free Skate, 2 medals but not the two we were expecting. This Hanyu kid is something, while we were all focused on Dai, Kozuka, and Oda, this kid sneaks in and gets in a bunch of quick punches!

Is he going to Worlds? I agree with somebody above who said this kid is dangerous!

Nope, because he finished fourth at Japanese Nationals. Oda (the silver medalist) will be there.

yunafan1860

Rinkside

Nope. Oda is going to Worlds :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I could only manage to crawl back out of bed for the last group...But Dai's tango and Adam's Rach back to back ( even with mistakes ).. doesn't get much sweeter than that , for me.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
OK, so this is end of season for Yuzuru Hanyu, but what an ending. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for us next season.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I hope this is going to be on demand on justintv so I can go back and watch some of the other programs (like Shawn and Kevin, even though it seems they didn't skate that well)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals

Man they are fast

Daisuke got a downgrade (as expected) on his 4T + negative GOE. He also had a UR on his 3T at the end of his 3Z combo. Otherwise solid.

Takahiko actually had the highest TES of the night at 83.19. Other than the 4T fall and negative GOE on the 3LO, he had solid +GOE elsewhere.

Yuzuru was the only one to land a quad and man the judges loved it, +2! He did get an edge call on his fligp and some negative GOE on his 3Z late in the program. Also he only had a level two combo spin. They also loved his 3A-3T which was late in the program +1.86!

Jeremy got a UR on his quad attempt along with the negative GOE. He also got negative GOE for his 3A-2T combo and his 3Z-2T-2T combo (where he two-footed the last jump) He also lost major points on levels (no level four spins or steps).

Adam had a DG on his second 3A and URs in his 3F-3T combo and 3LO jump. But he did get level four spins and other than negative GOE on the jumping passes I mentioned earlier, he scored solid GOE.

Shawn suffered UR in his 3LO, in his 3F-3L sequence and in his 2A with negative GOE to refelct that. Obviously his PCS helped-- though he finished 10th overall, he was 6th in PCS beat only by the top five finishers. But he was a dismal 14th in TES.

The three Chinese men were quite impressive. In TES, Abbott and Rippon were behind all three of them.

Last edited: