Men's Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
NO, it doesn't. He uses male skaters to experiment with. He wouldn't dare do that to Miki. Male figure skaters should leave him. Daisuki did; Nobunari did; Adam did; and who else?

lol. That's what I meant with the ?.
I don't get it. Maybe, up to a certain point, HE thinks it works and judging by crowd/judge response he's partly right?
Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

gardenernaga

Rinkside
NO, it doesn't. He uses male skaters to experiment with. He wouldn't dare do that to Miki. Male figure skaters should leave him. Daisuki did; Nobunari did; Adam did; and who else?

It is said the Japan Federeation also advised Miki to find somebody else but she refused.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALL RIGHT! They're on the ice!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEVIN!!!! :party: *I don't want to jinx you, please skate clean for your last competition of the year, you're the BEST, believe it, Kevin, YOU ARE THE VERY BEST!!!!!! :party2:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
ALL RIGHT! They're on the ice!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEVIN!!!! :party: *I don't want to jinx you, please skate clean for your last competition of the year, you're the BEST, believe it, Kevin, YOU ARE THE VERY BEST!!!!!! :party2:

I'm with you! Go KEVIN!

Male commentator in stream has a textbook split jump!
4017179035.jpg

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110216/133/2mj01.html

flew back from their NY dance studio to do this event :)
That IS the proper split jump! Not that dumb Russian split which really isn't a split at all.

Notice the forwaard leg is pointing in the travelling direction while the back foot is paralell to the ice and pointing toward the audience.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think that was Kevin that just flew by looking FAB in black & white, all dressed up & ready to go! ;) :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Another Kevin Reynolds fan just held up a GORGEOUS PINK HEART with his name in the middle!!!! :cool:

shusterbutski

Rinkside
That was a good skate for Shawn, not perfect but no major errors good for him. Now go Kevin!!! Wow disappointing scores though must have been some down grades.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Great skate for Shawn, but Nan beat him on TES -- more than 15 point difference. Shawn did beat him, deserverly so, on PCS by seven points.

ETA -- also the highest PCS of the night so far, also well deserved.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Shawn SAWYER (CAN)

Music: Alice in Wonderland (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman

3A
3F+3T
3Lz
3S
FSSp
(great spiral)
3Lo
3F+3Lo+SEQ
CiSt
2A
CCSp
ChSt
2A
CCoSp - nice!

Good performance

Score: 127.23, total 192.94 and into 2nd for now

oakl0008

Rinkside
Looks like Sawyer missed two jumps at the end? Total lost opportunity to move up a bit and look like he will go down in the standings. :(

His Alice FS is the best though! Good that is strength is the FS. I sincerely hope he saves his best for Worlds. :)

I have a feeling that Reynolds will indeed have the skate of his life tonight and finish the highest of the Canadian men. Maybe a medal if he is lucky.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shawn SAWYER (CAN)

Music: Alice in Wonderland (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman

3A
3F+3T
3Lz
3S
FSSp
(great spiral)
3Lo
3F+3Lo+SEQ
CiSt
2A
CCSp
ChSt
2A
CCoSp - nice!

Good performance

Score: 127.23, total 192.94 and into 2nd for now

Also I think Shawn is at a disadvantage because he front-loads his program. I think Nan had a whole lot going on the 2nd half, which gave him the additional points.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The often-inconsistent Wu is doing a creditable job tonight. I never feel he is very emotionally invested in his programs, though, no matter what music he's using. I think he's about to be passed by Song, Guan, and little Han Yan. Not sure if he will be continuing on another season.