2A+2T
FSSp
SeSt
CCoSp

Good recovery, but still too many pops... The Canadians lady look tired

Score: 107.49, SB, total 163.14, SB and into 1st

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
She's ahead by quite a bit, maybe a medal is in the cards if some people in the top group don't skate that well, not to jinx anybody though

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I spoke too soon and jinxed Emelie!

Not too early to say Well done, Cynthia!

The female commentator really likes Cynthia, praising her figure as soonas she stepped on the ice. Loved her unique moves, expressions, etc.

#1 for now!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Put Cynthia down for a pop and a doubled jump also, but she is getting back into it and the quality of her skating is clearly superior to all the previous competitors. Finishing strongly.

Yes, she fought for it at the end. Hence the "Whew!" reaction. Actually Cynthia has gone leaps and bounds this year compared to her very poor performance at the Olympics and the last couple years. That fifth place at worlds seem to have boosted her confidence and fighting spirit.

golfisme64

Rinkside
Put Cynthia down for a pop and a doubled jump also, but she is getting back into it and the quality of her skating is clearly superior to all the previous competitors. Finishing strongly.

Yes she did and props to her!

Isn't it fun to be watching late at night instead of early in the morning?

Are the exhibitions going to be on Justin or PPL?

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. if skated clean I would honestly put Cynthia up there with the very best in the world, including Miki Ando, Yuna Kim, Mao, et al. She could win Worlds imho, and that's the honest to God truth.

shusterbutski

Rinkside
Wow so much hate for Cynthia. I love the way she looks I think she is insanely gorgeous. I also love the way she skates, he FW sequences are so strong and I find her to be incredibly expressive. My only real issue with Cynthia is her consistency with her jumps. Her and Alissa are my favourite ladies this season.

lavender

Record Breaker
Cynthia has a interesting look. There is some beauty in some of the things she does on the ice and she seems to really try to bring this sexiness which makes me chuckle because it doesn't exactly work but she's good with room for improvement. edited..I should say she's not a favorite but I enjoy her overall skating.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
p.s. if skated clean I would honestly put Cynthia up there with the very best in the world, including Miki Ando, Yuna Kim, Mao, et al. She could win Worlds imho, and that's the honest to God truth.

She's definitely improved, but I think she needs more difficult tech content if she wants to be world champ. Namely a difficult combo (2A-3T or 3-3)

Wow so much hate for Cynthia. I love the way she looks I think she is insanely gorgeous. I also love the way she skates, he FW sequences are so strong and I find her to be incredibly expressive. My only real issue with Cynthia is her consistency with her jumps. Her and Alissa are my favourite ladies this season.

So much hate? What could you possibly be talking about? I'm the only one who was even critical and I didn't express hate but praise. This isn't a Phaneuf fansite!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Good for Cynthia for coming back strong from her mistakes. Nice score for her and nice to see her smiling at the end.

lavender

Record Breaker
I don't see hate for Cynthia. She's a good skater. Most wish the best for her even if she's not a favorite.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
One thing I love about Rachael is that she's stopped wearing pastels. The darker/more vibrant colors look so much better on her.