Ladies SP-Courtney Hicks up first | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP-Courtney Hicks up first

oleada

Record Breaker
The level of competition was quite high; I was impressed. Most girls tried 3Lo, and we saw many 3+3 combos.

I don't think Sotnikova gets enough credit for her skating skills - they are so much better than the rest of the field. :) I liked her and Tuktamysheva the most.

Oba was my favorite of the skaters I hadn't seen. She's my favorite of the three Japanese ladies here. Hope she can improve on her great preliminary round performance! Most improved award would have to go to Polina Shelepen, who looked so much more polished and mature.

Protocols are here:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2011/wjc2011_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Adelina indeed got 3Lz+3T< (no edge call). Polina Shelepen ahd the highest base value.

The free skate will be a great battle!

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
Wow, people are getting videos up so fast! I would love to know where they are getting that buffer-free coverage while the rest of us lose our minds trying to deal with a crap stream. :)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow, people are getting videos up so fast! I would love to know where they are getting that buffer-free coverage while the rest of us lose our minds trying to deal with a crap stream. :)

A poster on FSO who posted sbs, is from Korea, she watched this stream too (actually it was her who found it and explained how to download/install/watch) and said it worked perfectly for her. So maybe it depends on the location

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Polina Shelepen today reminded me of Natalie Portman in "Black swan", especially her hair and make up :) She improved very much, looks like a complete different skater, I think next season she can make the senior team, so Leonova and Makarova need to skate better than this season

oleada

Record Breaker
Polina Shelepen today reminded me of Natalie Portman in "Black swan", especially her hair and make up :) She improved very much, looks like a complete different skater, I think next season she can make the senior team, so Leonova and Makarova need to skate better than this season

She is really so improved. It's encouraging that she has grown so much and can still jump so well and do hard 3+3. I hope she keeps working in the polish/PCS - her improvements have been noticed, by me anyway, and the judges. I hope to see her and Sheveleva at Euros and Worlds - and Agafonova if she can get her head and jumps together.

I hope Makarova & Leonova can keep two spots or even earn 3 at Worlds for next year....their skating this season has been so lackluster.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh, I missed it! I wanted to see it live but the hour didnt help. Thank you A LOT for videos!!!It looks like it was a good competition!:)

yunafan1860

Rinkside
It's the first time Adelina totally convinced me artisticwise! I got the nice feeling of the Viennese Waltz watching her :)

Slowdive

On the Ice
I really like Oba's music! First time seeing her skate and hope to see more of her in the future :)

lavender

Record Breaker
It's nice to get a glimpse of what could be but I can't wait to see these ladies skate seniors.
In the past I didn't pay attention to juniors until Zhang, Mao and Yuna and then again later with Brezina and Florent. Now I'm hooked.

Liza does have pretty eyes but she does look like Johnny too.

Shlepa

Rinkside
I think Liza SP was the best today. What a pity that because of early warm-up group judges gave her PC lower than she deserved.

Courtney's last combo spin was stunning - camel into "Yu Na spin" (name?) into a weird but cool catchfoot position and then sliding it down into a sit position: :eek:

But she's no Sasha Cohen!

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Courtney's last combo spin was stunning - camel into "Yu Na spin" (name?) into a weird but cool catchfoot position and then sliding it down into a sit position: :eek:

Caroline Zhang did this position looong ago, but she didn't come down into a sit spin like Hicks does. Watch 1.38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5j1zAIn1Wc
It's nice to see something new

BTW, Zawadzki's 3Lo looked obviously UR on the replay and most judges noticed it and gave her -GOE, but the tech. caller gave her full gredit for that

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

But she's no Sasha Cohen!
Your right she isn't Sasha. She didn't fall on her butt.