Bad Santa | Golden Skate

Bad Santa

That movie may be seen as blasphemous. when I saw it, people were screaming at the screen and leaving the theatre.

My suggestion is - don't bring the kids.

Joe

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, it certainly hasn't been described as mainstream. Did you enjoy the movie, Joesitz? What were its strong and weak points? I've heard very little about this movie, but what I have heard has mainly been positive.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Anyone who brings kids based on the title is not paying attention IMHO. I heard it rated R for goodness sake! Do you know how hard studios work for a PG-13 rating? "R" ratings are scarce, so you think that would clue a parent.

I heard mixed reviews. It looks like a hilarious, and extremely irreverent film. I'll wait until Ladskater reviews it as he/she seems to be Golden Skate's most ardent moviegoer :)

Bronze - I liked it because of Billy Bob Thornton's acting, and indeed he and the rest of the cast made me gafaw throughout the film.

But the film is an irreverent look at Christmas time in the department stores. They use the 'f' word constantly in the dialog, and some thought it made too much fun of a handicapped child.

If you see it, let me know what you think.

Joe

mpal2

Final Flight
If they are making fun of Christmas time in department stores, count me in. I will be there to see it. I have a friend that went to see it already. I'll have to ask him what he thinks.

I get so irritated because they have the decorations out before Halloween now. Let me enjoy the October and November holidays before you push me into Christmas. No Christmas music until the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers are tucked safely in the refrigerator.

The only thing I do early is shopping because I think I would go insane if I shopped only in December. I run screaming in terror when it comes to department stores in December.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I too hate the Christmas decorations out before Halloween and even before Thanksgiving. I remember when decorations didn't come out in the department stores until after Thanksgiving.