World Championship entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

World Championship entries

sigrid

On the Ice
According to Kerrs' official website, Sinead re-injured her shoulder and they have to withdraw from WC :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The French federation has recalled Amodio from Japan. I think unless everybody, especially the athletes' parents, can be assured of the safety when and where the Worlds will be held, many entries will be withdrawn and there wouldn't be Worlds.

Let's not forget that most competitors are some people's precious young children.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: Very sorry to hear about Sinead. I really liked their FD this year and was looking forward to the big, multi-couple duke-out in the top 10.

sigrid

On the Ice
A few hours ago I posted about Kerrs withdrawal, but now the news are removed from their site so I suppose it isn't official yet.
Let's wait and hope that Sinead's shoulder will heal soon.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In the case of a delay to worlds, perhaps, Sinead may be in better shape-if I were them, I might be thinking that.

russell30

Final Flight
Not sure:think:

But under these circumstances maybe they can be assigned, I wonder if Marchei and Lepisto may do the same:biggrin: I don't know

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just checked the entries. Sinead & John are still listed as going.

Marchei and Lepisto are still not listed.

sigrid

On the Ice
John Kerr posted in his FB wall:
"I am sorry to announce that Sinead and I will not be participating at the World Championships in Moscow. Sinead re-injured her shoulder in a training accident 3 weeks ago and medical opinion has now advised that it would be impossible for her to be ready for that event. She is going in for surgery tomorrow and the recovery is expected to be about 2 months."

and their official site says:
Sinead and John have confirmed that they have withdrawn from World Championships 2011 due to a recurring shoulder injury of Sinead's. They are very grateful to all their fans for the support over the years and we all wish them all the very best in the future. Hopefully we will be able to update you with Sinead and John's future plans soon.

:cry: wish Sinead will heal asap

sorcerer

Final Flight
Marchei and Lepisto are still not listed.

As of March 30, which is the latest Entry list, Marchei is Substitute while Lepisto is not.
So the former MIGHT happen to participate, but Laura is out.

According to the Announcement, the reconfirmation was due by March 28.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Does Finland have 2 direct entries or will Juulia have to go through the qualifying round? I know Kiira did very poorly at Worlds last year, but I can't remember what the cutoff is for direct entries.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Does Finland have 2 direct entries or will Juulia have to go through the qualifying round? I know Kiira did very poorly at Worlds last year, but I can't remember what the cutoff is for direct entries.

I am pretty sure they are both direct entries because, if I remember correctly, Kiira did place in the top 18, and that's all that matters. She will, however, have to make it past the SP cut.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^

Juulia has to do the preliminary round cause Kiira was 19th at last worlds.

russell30

Final Flight
Kiira's direct entry was because of Lepisto's 3rd place, but Lepisto would had to have done the preliminary round if she had skated because of Kiira's on form season.

I think Jullia would find it difficult to qualify as she is limited technically, but her overall skating skills should pull her through the bottom half of the placements and therefore should qualify.