Who will win the Ladies Olympics figure skating gold medal in 2014 | Golden Skate

Who will win the Ladies Olympics figure skating gold medal in 2014

Who will win the Ladies Olympic figure skating gold medal in 2014

• Mao Asada

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Kim Yu Na

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Miki Ando

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Laura Lepisto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mirai Nagasu

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Rachael Flatt

• Carolina Kostner

• Alissa Czisny

• Total voters

Mao88

Record Breaker
Hoping Mao will win in 2014, but pretty impressed by Adelina and Liza in the World Juniors.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think that Mao will still be around and she'll win. Yu-Na, Miki, Carolina, Rachael and Alissa will have retired by then, I think. I'm not sure about Laura because of her injury. I think Mirai will still be around and she might win, but I think it's more likely to be Mao. Adelina and Liza won't be quite ready to win yet, if they still skate - a lot can happen in three years.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I believe that if MiRai learns to compete, she has the talent and drive to win. I'm not sure that our current crop of champs will still be competing at that point and if their bodies will allow them to skate at the required level. Out of the Current Big Names, I could see Mao winning her gold. I don't get the vibe that Kim will hang around that long - mainly because she has so many options - but who knows? She's young and strong. 2014 interests me primarily because it will be the second olympic cycle with the new requirements being old hat with skaters raised on CoP. I am looking forward to seeing if the new system has become so ingrained that skaters' bodies have made the adjustment and multiple olympic cycles are the norm.