Skaters Care Tsunami Benefit, April 3rd, Ontario, California | Golden Skate

Skaters Care Tsunami Benefit, April 3rd, Ontario, California

gsrossano

Final Flight
A skating benefit will be held April 3rd in Ontario, California.

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/2011japan benefit.htm

This is going to be a great show for a worthy cause. I hope fans in Southern California will make every effort to attend. Ticket prices are very affordable and will go on sale Monday or Tuesday through Ticketmaster or the arena box office.

I am sworn to secrecy for who is being lined up to skate and as master of ceremonies, but they are well known names fans will want to see.

Last edited:
What a lovely thing to do. I wish it could be televised. Maybe Japanese TV will pick it up and we can watch over the internet.

I'm on the opposite coast but I'll buy a ticket or two to show my support.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
They should arrange to accept donations from those not able to attend but want to support the cause.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Yu-Na has gone back to Korea (otherwise she may very well have participated on some level?). None of the US Stars on Ice skaters will be able to participate in this show due to their tour commitment (Cleveland show is on April 3).

To Mathman or another GS moderator: would you consider adding the date & location -- "April 3rd in Ontario, California" -- to this thread title?

Last edited:

gsrossano

Final Flight
They should arrange to accept donations from those not able to attend but want to support the cause.

Already under discussion by the organizers. Probably as a donation button on the event website when it is up and running. Expect that some time this weekend.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks, but only GS moderators can modify thread titles at this point (I think thread starters just have 5 minutes to edit their titles?).

Thanks to Spun Silver! :)

If anyone else has any good suggestions or ideas for the SKATERS CARE web site or the show in general, please feel free to post them in this thread.

ETA: Thanks, Mathman!

Last edited:
^ :)

The reason for that rule is that after another poster responds to a thread, that thread then belongs to everyone, not just to the OP.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This is awesome, I will probably go as Ontario is not that far (2 hours) from where I live.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
There is an Ontario in California? I thought you meant the show is being held in the Province of Ontario Canada and in California....:biggrin:

ucrgirl

On the Ice

Agreed! That way it will be tax deductible (not the biggest deal for some, but strong motivation for others) AND Ticketmaster won't get to add a "convenience fee".

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Now that Worlds Team skaters know more about when Worlds would be, maybe some of them big names would sign up too.