Japanese fans wish Worlds not to be postponed till October nor held in Japan | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japanese fans wish Worlds not to be postponed till October nor held in Japan

Pochi@Shinku

Spectator
Since it looks like France is giving up Worlds 2012 in favor of Japan, it looks like your wish might be granted!

I'm grateful for their being so caring for us, but fans in Japan have mixed feelings about this. Some are just simply thankful and hoping we'd be able to have Worlds in Tokyo (I've read they wanted to give the competition to Tokyo in particular), some are also thankuful but do not think this is necessary in the sense that they don't want to take away the competition from the people in France who had been looking forward to it being held in their country. I guess I belong to the latter group. Esp with the nuclear station thing still unsolved, and nobody seems to be able to predict when it would be solved, I'm not sure if Tokyo will be in good shape enough to hold Worlds even by next year. Although it's still only harmless amounts, there is more radiation in Tokyo than there should be now, I hope it goes down soon, but the opposite can happen. This kind of situation might go on for a very long time; not totally harmless, but still not totally clear. And I for one wouldn't want foreign athletes coming here until the city's radiation rate is totally back to normal. We are supposed to be holding WTT next season in Japan, so that's enough for us. Besides, I like the competitions in France, cause all the ads by the rinkside are in blue!