Patrick Chan live interview via skype | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan live interview via skype

purplegirl

Rinkside
Don Jackson was just on -- great interview! Also a lovely segment on how Yuka Sato reacted to the tragedy in her homeland. Good beginning to the show so. I guess the slot was originally to have been Worlds -- am glad they're doing a special on it instead.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I watched it on a friend's big screen, all the while feeling sorry for American skating fans. This was scheduled for Worlds 2011 live and, with the event rescheduled, CBC went ahead with the skating show nonetheless. They discussed the Worlds situation, rebroadcast highlight skates from Torino last year, showed new Canadian team members' recent performances, aired Kurt's visit at Colorado Springs, including interview with Krall and Patrick's training, and finally Skype interviews with Kurt and then Patrick. We also got a commentary free LP of Patrick's at Nationals. Hope somebody uploads it to Youtube!

With Worlds delayed, we Canadians actually got extra 3 hours of skating show on TV.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You lucky guys! I'm just praying that at least US Sports will still broadcast Worlds.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Hee, we got to see more of Meryl and Charlie than the Americans, CBC showed their FD from Torino as well as their thoughts on Worlds 2011, plus asssessment of their season and prospect for Gold.

^ I think SkateFiguring meant, "We Canadians got to see more of Davis and White than the American fans got to see of them." :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Thanks, SF. That interview with Bradley was great.

ETA: And with Sato and Christy. Krall seems amazingly strict

ETAA: Kurt to Krall: "I'll be honest. I think not having an Olympic medal made me a better person. A bitter, better person."

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The interview with Krall was pre-released and differs from today's broadcast which showed Patrick's practice (gorgeous 4T and 4T/3T!) and interactions instead of just focusing on Krall.

Yes, Bradley's interview is great but it wasn't in the show today. Well, it wouldn't have fit in so it's just an extra treat online.

purplegirl

Rinkside
oh wow just caught the interview with bradley. so terrific! love hearing about the difference in feeling between doing a triple and a quad. and about the play-off beard. ha ha he kept calling patrick "a great kid" -- just like he's his big brother! who says competitors can't be friends! and sounds like bradley's quad is becoming consistent. it'll be a great competition at worlds. i'd better shelve out my $2/mo to add BOLD to my TV subscription in order to watch everything live ....

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
For those who have no access to CBC videos, go check out Bradley's SP, which he is changing. He choreographed the SP himself, and, believing he would not win, he did the whole step sequence with his back to the judges as a joke, focusing on playing to the audience. Now that he's going to Worlds as US #1 man, that has to be changed obviously.

Last edited:

gottadance

On the Ice
why is USA geo blocked?

for the life of me I cant see why CBC continues to geo block the US?!! What does not allowing Canadian skating fans living in the US to see their videos actually accomplish?? On the surface it seems just plain mean spirited and frankly I just can't see what they hope to accomplish - do they really think that somehow we are going to steal the material and sell it for profit here in the US ? Sadly , with the current dis-interest in figure skating among the general population in the US ,that is just not going to happen ! so why deprive the very few of us true fans of seeing something worthwhile and uplifting like the Chan interview and the Bradley interview both of which sound truly great !?? Perhaps I am missing something and I would bow to the superiort knowledge and experience of so many of you here on GS to set me straight but right now, color me FRUSTRATED !!:bang::scratch::confused::mad::disapp:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^^^^Probably for the same reasons all US networks geoblock all their shows. Universal Sports is equally inaccessible to Canadians.

eta: FWIW, CBC hasn't put up Chan's interview online, just his coach's. Maybe they're saving it for later. Don't know.

Last edited: