Worlds Championship on TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds Championship on TV

What would 'Artistry' Fans do if the SPs are not shown on TV? They would have deliriom tremons(sp) until the LP is shown. The greatest of Art since the classic periods. Just kidding

btw. How much in a given competition will great artistry emerge? Will 10 skaters show it?

janetfan

Match Penalty
What would 'Artistry' Fans do if the SPs are not shown on TV? They would have deliriom tremons(sp) until the LP is shown. The greatest of Art since the classic periods. Just kidding

btw. How much in a given competition will great artistry emerge? Will 10 skaters show it?

Define artistry :think:

If you are talking about sequins, short dresses and tight pants along with endless renditions of "Carmen," "Phantom of the Opera" and "Requiem for a Dream," then YES, CoP skating is chock full of artistry. ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Now that Mathman has shown us an example of cutesy wootsy artistry, how about those of the hoity toity and the studsy wudsy varieties?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
The CBC schedule is up now. cbc.ca/sports/figureskating and then go to broadcast schedule. i forgot to get the exact link and I'm too lazy to go back and get it.

Trewyn

Medalist
Can anyone tell me if the IN coverage of Worlds is restricted to the US? I'm in New Zealand...

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Trewyn, I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands and can't access Universal Sports because it seems to think I'm a foreign country. Not true, but that's another story. Anyway, I have an Icenetwork subscription and I was able to sign up for the $4.95 worlds programming. In the states/province list, it says non U.S./Canada at the very bottom. Click that and then click your country, New Zealand.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Trewyn, I just looked at the not already a subscriber form to sign up for Icenetwork and it's the same so you can do it for $9.95 if you're not already a subscriber.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^According to IN site an additional $4.95 if you are a subscriber. I have been a subscriber to IN since its inception but went with US for live streaming of Worlds. I have had a lot of problems this season with IN with choppy and freeze frame video both live and on demand and I don't want to take any chances. I have used US in the past with no problems. I won't be subscribing to IN next season.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Alas, Universal Sports doesn't seem to be available to those of us who are not in the United States mainland.

figuristka

Medalist
Though CBC has been very good at providing coverage online which iam very happy with i cannot help being disappointed with the coverage for TV scheduled. It seems to be showing skating for only an hour at the time and i cannot see coverage for the ladies free? I wrote an email asking for more coverage for the main network.

figuristka

Medalist
Actually the Worlds is shown alot on cbc bold, its only an extra 2.95 per month so we added it for the World Championships because the main Network was not very good. It can be taken away after.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Actually the Worlds is shown alot on cbc bold, its only an extra 2.95 per month so we added it for the World Championships because the main Network was not very good. It can be taken away after.

I think that might be teh reason they do put it on the extra station. That's 2.95 they wouldn't otherwise get.

^ Da Vinci? Maybe not.

But doesn't it make you smile a little, even so? Like when the paper mache dragon comes out in a Wagner opera?