Sinead and John Kerr retire | Golden Skate

Sinead and John Kerr retire

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wishing John and Sinead the best in the future. They will be missed.

mot

On the Ice
I will miss them dearly. I was hoping to see them at the Europeans in Sheffield next year too...:cry: But if they think it is the best for them, then it must be so. Very best of luck for their next step(s)!

Antilles

Medalist
It's too bad when retirement is necessity, not choice. It's also too bad they don't get to compete in England next year. They've been a great team to watch over the years. I am sure they have good things in their future.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont watch icedance alot, but they are the team I loved to watch and kept me interested, i will surely miss them in competitions, but I m looking forward to seeing them in shows where they truly shine :)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wish them the best luck. Though they mentioned broadcasting career, I dearly hope that they also consider being show skaters.

They would be great at it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wish them the best luck. Though they mentioned broadcasting career, I dearly hope that they also consider being show skaters.

if Sinead's shoulder allows it. There could be more going on than they're letting us know, too.

Oh, phooey! I hate to see them go. They were unique, and they had a long enough career so we could watch them mature. I also liked the fact that Britain once again had a world-class skating couple; it's been awhile.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
they rank high on my list of underscored Teams as do Lang/Tcherneychev.

Wishing John and Sinead the best in the future. They will be missed.

I wish this was an April Fools' joke. I love this team, and hope they get to perform in lots of shows.

gracie

Rinkside
I absolutely adore this team. They are exciting and creative. They have my heart and I wish them an amazingly successful career in their new chosen field(s).:thumbsup:

figuristka

Medalist
Sorry to hear that. They will be missed. It was nice to have such a wonderful team from Scotland. Kerr was my grandmother's maiden name and she was from the same town Sinead was born so i always thought they might be related LOL. Best wishes to them.

russell30

Final Flight
Sinead and John, great innovators of their sport. I would put them in the same league as:

Torvill/Dean
Duschesnay/Duschesnay
Drobiazko/Vanagas
Denkova/Staviski
Winkler/Lohse
Delobel/Schoenfelder

All the best, but please don't do Dancing On Ice :disapp:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so sad that they won't be able to skate in Sheffield :cry: I just loved so many of their programs to death, particularly their Scottish folk dance and their 20s/30s OD.

I hope that Sinead's shoulder heals soon, (even if that might require surgery, and that they skate in shows eventually, because I'd hate to never see them skate again.

Last edited:

Binthere

On the Ice
They will be wonderful crowd pleasers as professional skaters. Such warm and wonderful people whose personalities were always so honestly reflected in their skating.

herios

Medalist
I am sad for them. But at least they exit the scene with a performance they could be proud of, their second european medal.

With this retirement, along with the Faiella / Scali's, the door has been opened to a msasive North American domination at this upcoming worlds, now almost sure all 6 NA teams will be placing in the top 10 in ice dance.

lcd

Match Penalty
Was always somewhat surprised that there was really no significant follow through for the sport in England after Torvill/Dean. I know there are "waves" and sometimes brilliance is not easy to "replicate" but was disappointed not to see more depth, especially given how well established ballroom dancing is in the UK. Felt similarly about the absence of a wave of "inspired" talent after Chen Lu retired. Kind of a "where is the little girl who watched her win" who then 6-8 years later comes on the scene? I always enjoyed and appreciated the Kerrs. Was always glad for the genuine support they have enjoyed from crowds. If "retired" means not skating, am sad they will not be on the scene as professionals.