Plushenko seeks amateur status in Olympics bid | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plushenko seeks amateur status in Olympics bid

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Gordeeva & Grinkov won gold, and I think the silver pair medalists were also returning professionals.

Yes, I was only thinking of the singles skaters that were mentioned. Who can ever forget the fabulous G&G!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Gordeeva & Grinkov won gold, and I think the silver pair medalists were also returning professionals.
Torvill & Dean got the bronze, and many say they were cheated out of a higher placement...

seniorita

Record Breaker
There comes a time in life when you have to stay to yourself...It's time to move on....there are some skaters that need to heed this advice.
I m sure Evgeni who has a son since 23, his nieces, his own show, a wife, retired parents, unemployed sister and Assembly whatever status has never thought that there is life besides competing :)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
^^^^
The Russia today is not the same as the Soviet Russia. Plushenko is still the best male skater there, and he should be representing his country and in his case Himself! I would have Michael Weiss join him if Michael wanted to. I happen to like aging skaters still active in the sport. Too bad Dick's dream of a Senior (age) Division of Competition was negated for the silly Sunday Afternoon shenanigans.

It exists now, but he is past the age limit. The age limit for ISU Adult competitions is 71. Midori Ito is participating in the Obertsdorf competition in June!