Jessica Dube teams with Sebastian Wolfe | Golden Skate

Jessica Dube teams with Sebastian Wolfe

Totally off the topic, but what a splendid name--Sebastian Wolfe. Sounds like the hero of a novel set some mythical kingdom.

Seriously. “Jessica Dubé and Sebastian Wolfe.” :rock: At the very least, the lead characters in a Harlequin Romance.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just watched Jessica and Bryce's LP at 2010 Worlds on CBC 2011 WC Special that has been put on line. The announcer said little did we know this would be the last time we saw them skate together. Ironic yet appropriate that the music was The Way We Were. Sigh.

Mathman, inspired by you, I too just learned to type Dubé. :cool:

And, inspired by callalily, Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe. Ça va? :cool::cool:

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I thought Jessica was intending to concentrate on school and her singles career?

Well, that was quick.

Antilles

Medalist
The article says she wasn't looking for a partner. They both train at the same facility, and she started skating with him for fun and to keep up her pairs skills. Apparently it was going well enough that they decided to become an actual pair.

callalily

On the Ice
Of course, the question of whether you believe that still remains.

True, but we can't read their minds and personally, I don't care to try.

Jess and Bryce had stagnated, with seemingly neither one wanting to face the music and end the partnership, but regardless of Bryce's injury the time had come, IMO. I hope he recovers well, and protects that knee from further injury. I suspect that means retirement.

Jessica and Sébastien are healthy, young and could potentially still skate for a number of years. Why shouldn't they try? They make an interesting addition to the pairs scene in Canada.

Why not? She's had lots of experience as a Pairs skater, and I presume Wolfe is an adept single skater.

btw, how does one type the French accents from the keyboard?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
True, but we can't read their minds and personally, I don't care to try.

Jess and Bryce had stagnated, with seemingly neither one wanting to face the music and end the partnership, but regardless of Bryce's injury the time had come, IMO. I hope he recovers well, and protects that knee from further injury. I suspect that means retirement.

Jessica and Sébastien are healthy, young and could potentially still skate for a number of years. Why shouldn't they try? They make an interesting addition to the pairs scene in Canada.

Agreed. Over at FSU, they're eviscerating Jessica and I have to admit that I don't think her public comments work well together. But I don't think she made the wrong decision for herself and her skating, and that's all that matters.

callalily

On the Ice
Agreed. Over at FSU, they're eviscerating Jessica and I have to admit that I don't think her public comments work well together. But I don't think she made the wrong decision for herself and her skating, and that's all that matters.

Right, I think it's a good decision for her, but it might actually be the best thing for him as well, in the long run. Someone needed to face up to the need to move on, IMO.

She's the one who made the move, so she's getting the flack. That is probably unfair, because I think a parting was inevitable.