2011-2012 Program Stuff | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Program Stuff

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I dunno. I could have done without the excessive use of "Walk Like an Egyptian" hands in it. However, they appeared in good shape.

babayaga

On the Ice
I dunno. I could have done without the excessive use of "Walk Like an Egyptian" hands in it. However, they appeared in good shape.

I agree. I was hoping they will avoid doing those hands too much. This will probably be a cool dance anyway.

oleada

Record Breaker
Thank you! Robin and Aliona programs are delightful and fresh one of the many reasons that I love this couple's skating. They always bring something different to the ice in pairs skating.
I just love their skating.

Perephrasing Apple advertising quote "Think different" I can say it about Savchenko/Szolkowy - SKATE DIFFERENT, that's their slogan. Great team!

I agree. I think they have really revitalized pairs skating and they're one of the few innovators left in the sport. I mean, when you think of the variety of styles and choreography they've tried - Asoka, Lost in Space, Schindler's List, Pink Panther, now Pina - it's really mind boggling how well they pull off each of them. And they never give up trying to be different and original. They're amazingly technically gifted, but it's that creativity that makes them all-time greats.

I'll end my uber gushing now, but I just love this team.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lynn Rutherford tweeted that Dornbush in not doing his SP to 16 Tons, but instead to Beethoven's 5th.

claphappy

On the Ice
Seeing as how Worlds is in Nice, I'm kind of surprised that NO ONE is skating to Farandole from L'Arlésienne. It's a good piece and there's certainly enough love in the skating world for Bizet. whatevs i guess.
(Also, this is my first post. I don't think it's off topic, but what do i know?)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Samuelson & Gilles programs are:

Emily Samuelson & Todd Gilles USA
SD Samba; Mambo; Samba
FD Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Poirier and Gilles programs-a little more info about their SD in the current Sarah and Drew interview with Piper and Paul.

Their free dance is to "Pure Imagination," performed by Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and the 80s mega hit "Sweet Dreams," performed by Annie Lennox of the Eurythmics. Their short dance, choreographed by Carol Lane and Juris Razgulajevs, is to Beyonce and Alicia Keyes' "Put It In a Love Song" and "E Menina" by Sergio Mendes.

Last edited: