2011-2012 Program Stuff | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Program Stuff

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That's a really nice program. Love the entrance to the death spiral..and to the pairs spin.:)

I love the way these 2 just keep getting better and better.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I dont know if this has already been mentioned yet in the thread but Mao will be skating her SP to a classical piece choreographed by TAT next season. The theme will take on a queen/princess. In addition, she will be bringing back the LP music, Liebestraum, next season with brand new choreography and a "different feel" from Lori Nichols. :)

sigrid

On the Ice
Jeremy Abbott just shared on twitter his musics:

Short: Swing medley including bei mir bist du schoen & sing sing sing choreographed by Buddy & @BenjiSchwimmer

Long: Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse. Choreographed by Yuka Sato and Jeremy Abbott :p

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott just shared on twitter his musics:

I think he will do a great Sing Sing Sing, but am shocked he could be so un-original.
Not familiar with the freeskate music, i am sure it will be great though. But why not keep "La Vita e Bella??"

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, SSS choreographed by West Coast Swing dancers can be very interesting. Jeremy had his last year's SP done by a dancer too, with mixed reactions.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Zhang/Zhang's programs:
SP:vampire
LP: Spartacus
choreographed by Lori Nichol
they have a new EX too,they'll perform it on Artristy on Ice.
http://sports.163.com/11/0630/15/77QBV79L00051CAQ.html

Spartacus is a very suitable, yet predictable choice for them, I think Pang and Tong do the music better justice though.
For some reason seeing the words vampire and zhang/zhang together brings to mind horrific costumes.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Is this the programs they planned for the previous season? Their ISU Bio says for season 2010/11:
SP: A Transylvanian Lullaby by John Morris
LP: Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia by Aram Khatchaturian

This is a little confusing. From what LuCN linked, they said they didn't get to skate last year's programs but they needed to work with Lori Nichol to adjust them to the new rules. They found the adjustments quite involved and complex, as transitions had to be reworked also when elements were changed, so they decided to have a new LP choreographed instead. They kept the reworked SP. The programs were Vampire and Spartacus as LuCN listed.

burntBREAD

Medalist
This is a little confusing. From what LuCN linked, they said they didn't get to skate last year's programs but they needed to work with Lori Nichol to adjust them to the new rules. They found the adjustments quite involved and complex, as transitions had to be reworked also when elements were changed, so they decided to have a new LP choreographed instead. They kept the reworked SP. The programs were Vampire and Spartacus as LuCN listed.

Well, I'd assume that "Transylvanian Lullaby" = vampires, since vampires are supposed to be from Transylvania..

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, I'd assume that "Transylvanian Lullaby" = vampires, since vampires are supposed to be from Transylvania..

*Slaps forehead* Exactly.

Maybe their LP is a new choreagraphy to the same music as last year's?

eta. I reread the article. These two programs were named as what Nichol choreographed for them last year. They went back to her this year and though they talked about a new choreography for the LP, they didn't name a new music. So, it seems they are keeping the same music for both programs.

Last edited:

LuCN

Rinkside
oh,I didn't notice the ISU website!Thank you!
Yep,I think so.chinese people don't quite understand the different between those vampire things,so ZZ just said it's vampire theme :laugh:
They will keep last season's programs since they didn't compete.maybe a little change,but the music won't change~

Final Flight
clint mansell's work for black swan isn't just a sampling of the ballet but contains a lot of original works.
he totally re-orchestrated and changed instrumentations for major cues.

i hope "mother me" is in her program as well as the finale (aka "perfection")
i don't think the score has a lot of the "pas de deux"
the famous theme is carried throughout...and reinterpreted for specific scenes.

i hope the mix/medley for her LP is cohesive.