Practice Reports | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mao is looking great too. I think the ladies competition is going to be fierce, so much talent.

Krislite

Medalist
I like the music cut much better than Giselle. She did skip a bit of choreography after the popped flip, but other than that it's beautiful.

Lilith11

On the Ice
The worst thing is that ever since last year when I knew Yu Na is going to do Arirang LP, I've listened to this version of Arirang too many times and in love with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OUt3IFlzk

Now her LP music is disappointing.:scowl:

Maybe it'll be magic once after after you see her skate to it?

Anyways, she announced that Arirang would be a cut in her LP (though the main cut) along w/other Korean folk songs which she cleverly integrated into the step sequence imo :3

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SkateCanada twitted that Patrick Chan and Kevin Reynolds were both strong in practice today.

I hope Kevin regains his form even if he has to cut down his quads. Just land what you do, kiddo!

Go Patrick! Go Kevin!

alexeifan

On the Ice
Wow yuna's jumps are still so consistent. LP seems boring too tho, but it's nice and beautiful music.

seniorita

Record Breaker
So Tomas says that the ice on the practice rink is completely different from that on the main rink where only the Russians are allowed. He doesn't like the practice rink and is anxious to try the big rink.
To get this straight, cause I think I ll folllow Buttercup, it is really misdleading to comment this stuff out of nowhere , be it the special ice or the special schedule fro Russians, listen to interview carefully first. I m really tired that before the competition has even started I read stupidities.
Have you ever been to an ISU championship? Like any other ISU championship the program of practices is posted everywhere from the day the Championships start officially and they usually skate in intervals between main and practice according to the day and discipline. The moment the skaters get accredited they ALL follow the same schedule which for Worlds 2011 is this
http://www.isuworlds2011.com/WC_2011_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf and there you can see the main rink and practice rink schedule which is the same for ALL.

Tomas is talking about the days before the official date, his video is from Monday 25/4 and the official program started 24/4, before Sunday he wouldnt practice in official rink anyway, he was there a week before and then obviously he couldnt skate in the main rink, if skaters arrive earlier than official date they find a rink to practice but once they get to the competition they all follow the same practice program Russians and Coco Islands skaters have the same practices.

Last edited:

Krislite

Medalist
Wow yuna's jumps are still so consistent. LP seems boring too tho, but it's nice and beautiful music.

She missed a bit of choreography after the popped 3flip, skipped one spin and aborted another. And the video is blurry. But I kinda like it. People felt the same way at first about her Gershwin program, but that didn't stop her from winning the Olympics.

miki88

Medalist
From the looks of it, I think I'll like this program more than Gershwin. I found Gershwin a bit too expected but her new LP seems more interesting.

...they all follow the same practice program Russians and Coco Islands skaters have the same practices.

I looked it up. The Cocos Islands are in the Indian Ocean and are a territory of Australia. They have two seasons, rainy and typhoon. :)

I am going to move there so I can see Worlds on TV for free.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^hahaaa :DDD , but what season is this now they have, the typhoon? :)

It sounds cool to watch Wolrds under a coconut instead of being glued to pc screen with a bad feed ;)

miki88

Medalist
The first 3A looks OK, borderline UR, but a good landing. The second one was obviously UR--the unforgiving Amano might even mark that a "<<". She's landing them all, though, and that's a good sign.

Huh? I don't see a big difference between the two. Shin Amano was on the panel last year and he ratified one of Mao's 3A in the LP and I think her 3As now are better than the ones she did back then.

Krislite

Medalist
Huh? I don't see a big difference between the two. Shin Amano was on the panel last year and he ratified one of Mao's 3A in the LP and I think her 3As now are better than the ones she did back then.

Well, from the video the second one seemed it was landed forward. But again, it's not my view that counts--it's Amano's. He's downgraded more of Mao's 3A than ratified them.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
From what the clip shows Yuna's lp is not that great, I like Mao's better. Maybe the best part was missing. We'll see.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Doubt it. Probably practicing her FS. At Euros she did 2a-3t and 3f so my guess is she is adding a 3lz in replacement of one of her 3lo which seem to be giving her trouble as of late.

Apparently she won't do the lutz..she said that in an interview! She is trying it since europeans but she is not going to put it this year. Instead of the second loop I would like her to put another flip but I think she is going to keep the layout she used at europeans (but in the short she will do the flip as her solo jump)
I'm happy to hear that she is having good practices!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
BrendaIrvingCBC Brenda Irving:
Just spoke with Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir-said their Free Dance is their most demanding+creative ever. Saw it today in practise-scary good!
12 hours ago