Preliminary Round Ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Preliminary Round Ladies

cosmos

On the Ice
When she first moved to Senior last year, she also switched coach and went to train with Yu-Na in Toronto under Brian Orser. That's when she had some breakthrough performances. After Kim and Orser split, Kwak too decided to leave Orser without any explanation. Ever since, she struggled through almost every single competition.

Even Yu-Na looks quite rough in competition form. Not only her trademark 3Lz/3T looks smaller, less secure, the most concerning part is she seemed to lose touch with her ability to connect with the audience. Many people felt her Giselle SP bored them to tears and the choreography was shockingly simple and uninteresting. It feels as though she only started to skate to this program 2 months ago. Because Yu-Na begins with a lower base mark in her FS compared to other top ladies, she needs a big score from her SP to compensate.

If Yu-Na also fails to deliver, we will have at least two data points to back up that leaving Orser turns out to be costly mistake to Team South Korea.

What a silly post! These are not even dress rehearsal. The ability you mentioned she had had before she met Orser. Her jumps, too.

Last edited:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
ignore Wallylutz. I used to respect him for his technical expertise, but with that one post, he lost every credibility. By all accounts, Yuna's jumps look better than ever, and her new SP and LP continue to be truly inspiring artistic feats on ice, if not even exceeding her previous programs.

Puchi

On the Ice
And with that post you've lost your credibility as well. Those Yu-Na programs are as generic as can be. I hope they look better in the actual competition.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
You think they look "generic," I think they are SUBLIME. To each his own. But it is so obvious that wallylutz has a persona agenda - I rather have him say straight that he is upset that Orser is no longer the coach (as if Orser had a RIGHT to coach Yuna forever...), instead of making utterly frivolous claims like she has lost "her ability to connect with the audience", when this was a practice session and there were no audiences to begin with.

Puchi

On the Ice
You think they are SUBLIME, Wallylutz thinks they're not all that. To each his own. But it is so obvious that you have a persona agenda - I rather have you say straight that you'll find SUBLIME anything she does instead of making utterly frivolous claims like "her new SP and LP continue to be truly inspiring artistic feats on ice", when those are clearly watered down programs intended to be just a practice session. ;)

chloepoco

Medalist
ignore Wallylutz. I used to respect him for his technical expertise, but with that one post, he lost every credibility. By all accounts, Yuna's jumps look better than ever, and her new SP and LP continue to be truly inspiring artistic feats on ice, if not even exceeding her previous programs.

So what you're actually saying is that you respect Wallylutz' technical expertise as long as he is complimentary of Yuna. But, if he has any criticism of her, he's lost your respect.

At any rate, I think all the female skaters look lovely of the clips I've seen--Yuna, Miki, Mao and a little of Kanako. Hope they all skate their best!!

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Of course, let the skaters do the talking!

But just to be clear in response to chloepoco's post, I appreciate any constructive criticism for any skater, including Yuna. But what I don't take is pure subjective bashing cloaked under the pretext of "objectivity".

Krislite

Medalist
Of course, let the skaters do the talking!

But just to be clear in response to chloepoco's post, I appreciate any constructive criticism for any skater, including Yuna. But what I don't take is pure subjective bashing cloaked under the pretext of "objectivity".

Better to wait until the competition is over. Let wallylutz's comments stand and then bring them up after the competition.

He thinks Yuna is helpless without Orser, can't possibly compete near her best after being away for a year, and will be buried by the competition.

Hold him to it. We shall see.

cooper

Medalist
So what you're actually saying is that you respect Wallylutz' technical expertise as long as he is complimentary of Yuna. But, if he has any criticism of her, he's lost your respect.

At any rate, I think all the female skaters look lovely of the clips I've seen--Yuna, Miki, Mao and a little of Kanako. Hope they all skate their best!!

To be fair when you visit yuna's forum there are some mixed reactions about her sp & lp. some will just hold their judgments after the competition, others loved it, while others are critical. but wallylutz always praised yuna when she was still under orser but now everything is black. i thought he is one of the most unbiased poster around. i guess not. :disapp:

Well yuna might bomb, or succeed or even mixed. but to glorify if she fails because of the coach's change? i don't understand why it is so personal. too bad.. and poor kwak getting the rant. she had a successful olympics for a young skater and orser wasn't even her coach then. :sheesh:

Last edited: