Preliminary round ice dance | Golden Skate

Preliminary round ice dance

herios

Medalist
This segment is completed and was totally...ignored:

Results:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/SEG003.HTM

The good news for the Canadian fans is that Weaver / Poje managed to have their best FD score of the season, besting their previous results.
Defeating the germans is comforting for a potential top 10 finish for them.:thumbsup:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'll point out that Z/G were only four points behind W/P - and that was thanks to their higher levels (BV of 40 points compared to W/P's 38.5) and that's WITH a fall for Z/G.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I expect W/P PCS to be higher in the actual competition. They skated clean and that will give them confidence for the competition :)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Good for W/P! I was hoping that they'd win the qualifier. That should boost their confidence going into the actual competition. I really do think that they can finish in the top ten...they were 5th at the GP final, after all...the only real difference between then and now is the addition of V/M, so I think that W/P can definately pull it off.:biggrin:

Paihia

Spectator
Finally, my internet connection is fast enough for also posting at GS Forum:

What a great start into the competition for W/P and Z/G, and both with chances to do even better on Saturday. Somehow, I have a soft spot for skaters who do not get the full support from their federation and/or the judges.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I've just read that W/P had a mistake on a lift (the one that was scored as level 2). Apparently Kaitlyn was supposed to grab her blade, but she missed. I guess that explains why they didn't win by a greater margin. A mistake like that probably cost them several points. The Germas' mistake was on a transition, not an element, so they only lost the one point.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Thanks for the results.
I'm glad the Spanish team qualified! I hope we get a free feed online where we can see all the competitors.
*keeping my fingers crossed*

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I've just read that W/P had a mistake on a lift (the one that was scored as level 2). Apparently Kaitlyn was supposed to grab her blade, but she missed. I guess that explains why they didn't win by a greater margin. A mistake like that probably cost them several points. The Germas' mistake was on a transition, not an element, so they only lost the one point.

She did that at Skate America as well. I do think a cleaner skate would score 92ish, which is pretty great for them.

KKonas

Medalist
Officials Prelim Round - Ref (Coton-GBR), TC (Leaver-USA), TS (Higashino-JPN), TS (Ponomarenko-RUS) Panel - Alperin (ISR), Heidler (AUT), Stahnke (GER), Laur (EST), Clark (CAN), Kato (JPN), Hurth (FRA), Misurec (CZE), Langton (AUS)