Men's Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

herios

Medalist
There goes the potential top 10 for Kevin Reynolds, I bet he will sit down in his LP at least once as well.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not just the fall, but if it's ur'ed as well. The 3A looked borderline.

It might've been my feed, but he looked slower than usual.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds

Will we see the quad king today? He's lucky to be here after Shawn Sawyer withdrew.

A fall on the 4S (certainly double-footed, not sure if it was under-rotated... probably). Held on to the 3A. Interestingly went after the easier 3Lz+3T instead of the second quad, which I think is a better idea. He tends to get a bit forward with his back and cups his hands strangely (and is it me, or are they really red?). A lively interpretation to the music, though, and plenty of transitions.

SP: 64.36 (something else might have been downgraded)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Music: Moanin' by Art Blakey + Drum Thunder Suite by Art Blakey
SB: 80.09

4S - fall, looked UR
3A - ok, but swinging free leg
3Lz+3T
FUSp
CSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Score: 64.36 and into 7th

I'm starting to really like Kevin R. Shame about the quad. But he's good at everything, not just the jumps. He has great line and musicality. Not wild about the program. Basically I dislike just about every jazzy program I've ever seen! I love jazz, but not the "juzac" that skaters choose.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well done Kevin. Hope the 4F is rotated. Good program, good performanc.

7th place. 3A hurts him. Besides the injury, that is.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I don't think so. I didn't see Richard or Ross performance. That said, All three in the international judges eyes are about equal as far as "reputation" PCS, though Miner and Dornbush clearly show they had more artistry/speed/non jump elements. But Bradley did complete a 4-2, which helped him edge them as far as TES.

My (admittedly simplistic) point was they scored 70.40, 70.45, 70.54 respectively.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Kevin did look a little off, but it was mentioned that he's recovering from a hip injury. That might be why he was slower than usual. It's a shame about the quad. Could he have had a UR on the axel as well? Score was really low for him. It is nice to see him getting into the performance, though. His artistry has really improved this year.:)