Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ross Miner

An adequate 3A, 3Lz+3T, 3F. While I liked the spread eagle in multiple directions, he needs a lot more hip action to pull off the Latin rhythms. Very much found the upright flying spin with a hop and crossfoot spin interesting. The program was technically fine, but just needs more sass or bravado to match the music. You'll see the difference with Takahashi's Mambo program.

SP: 70.40

Krislite

Medalist
Question to those who watch universal sports - is there commentary? I am watching icenetwork and the quality is good too I think, but there is no commentary.

No commentary on my stream either. Maybe on just the last two groups? Or Maybe just the LP for men? I don't mind. I know my lutz from my flip.

Oreo

On the Ice
No commentary on Universal. I can appreciate the pbp's people are doing here--especially since it's the middle of the night.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ross Miner is better than Richard Dornbush. And both of them were better than Denis Ten.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The special ice is bringing out personal best scores!

Miner's program is kind of boring. Technically quite good though.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Miner, Dornbush, Ten and Song were all really impressive. I'm interested for this next group. I've never seen Hendrickx or Shipov skate.

babayaga

On the Ice
No commentary on my stream either. Maybe on just the last two groups? Or Maybe just the LP for men? I don't mind. I know my lutz from my flip.

Thanks Krislite and Oreo! I think they promised Tara as a commentator but probably just for ladies and maybe just for the TV broadcast?

Ilvskating

Final Flight
My computor died on me, missed Song's program, just got to see the replay of jumps. His jumps were so high!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Joey Russell

Bronze medalist from Canadian Nationals. Don't often see a costume accentuating a man's neckline. An accomplished 3A. Didn't get enough height on the 3F, resulting in an unfortunate step-out. A good fight on the 3Lz+3T with a foot down to complete the required combination. Nice layover position into a donut on the camel spin. Joey uses his long limbs and long edges well in the footwork sequence. He was able to carry the music with the balletic, elongated notes. Someone to look forward to seeing in the future.

SP: 61.69

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Rusel's skating is just so weired to me. I can't see the "beautiful line" PJ talked about, all I can see is clumsyness.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Joey Russell (CAN)

Music: 1812 Ouverture by Petr I. Tchaikovski
SB: 57.67

3A
3F - stepout, hands down
CSSp
3Lz+3T - put foot down early, 3T was < or maybe even <<
FCSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Score: 61.69, SB, and into 5th

Krislite

Medalist
Lot's of season's best scores going around. Worlds inflation or just peaking? Hmmm...

Oreo

On the Ice
Just want to send a bravo to the Russians for putting this whole event on...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Paolo Bacchini

Leaning way far outside of the circle and thus a fall on the 3A, not under-rotated from the slo-mo. Hangs on to the 3T in the 3Lz+3T with a hooked free leg. A completed 3Lo, almost double-footed. Good, fast turning in the footwork sequence - well-choreographed into the swinging and bombastic change in music. Good fast spin at the end and good interpretation, but he will be hurt by the transitions and the jump bobbles.

SP: 58.96.