Men's Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Michal Brezina

Going all kung fu Verner style. :)

Solid 3A. A three-turn out on the 3T in the 3F+3T, but a very high 3F. Might get an edge call on the 3Lz, but it was completed nonetheless. He's improved his edge quality from last year, very nice to see. A bit slow on the change of foot on the combination spin. Not much artistry you can put in a kung fu program; still, a good performance for him given his shaky season so far.

SP: 77.50 (Hmm... overmarked in my opinion)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Music: Japanese Kodo Drums
SB: 76.13

3A
3F+3T - three-turn on landing, but good height on 3F
3Lz
FSSp
CCSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Score: 77.50, SB and into 4th

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
You can quite easily dispute Patrick's score. He was technically brilliant but artistically still somewhat robotic. Although his PCS actually weren't really overscored this time - the tech mark was. His spins aren't as good as some of the other skaters. He has easy positions in the combination spin and his Camel-change-Camel is only a Level 3 and with less speed than one might wish for. He did not deserve more than +1 GOE for the 4Toe+3Toe or the 3Axel either. No doubt the judges gave him +2's and maybe even some +3's on the Quad-Triple just for the hell of it.

Would you have him ahead of Brian Joubert? Because I'm pretty sure cloudkicker wouldn't. I agree, though I would've been fine with +2 for the combo (not the 3A).

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Brzezina looked good. Better than I expected. I love this program and costume for him. What a contrast from his Olympic argyle. What was the music?

But those long, slow camel spins that he and others are doing have to go. BOR-ing.

I think he's keeping his LP pink argyle.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Brzezina looked good. Better than I expected. I love this program and costume for him. What a contrast from his Olympic argyle. What was the music?

But those long, slow camel spins that he and others are doing have to go. BOR-ing.

"An American in Paris" I believe. Done it for the past 2 seasons.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You can quite easily dispute Patrick's score. He was technically brilliant but artistically still somewhat robotic. Although his PCS actually weren't really overscored this time - the tech mark was. His spins aren't as good as some of the other skaters. He has easy positions in the combination spin and his Camel-change-Camel is only a Level 3 and with less speed than one might wish for. He did not deserve more than +1 GOE for the 4Toe-3Toe or the 3Axel either. No doubt the judges gave him +2's and maybe even some +3's on the Quad-Triple just for the hell of it.

Thanks Blades. Good points.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice work Dai. I think he should get higher PCS than Patrick, but we'll see...

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Thank you to all who have welcomed me! That's very nice! And thank you so much for the link to this Latvian channel. If I only had seen it earlier, then I could have seen everything. I've already watched Chan's performance on YouTube. Thank you all so much!