Men's Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

JeffyJosephNCA

On the Ice
Oh cool I didn't realize you can rewind on the live feed on Universal Sports live feed, like a DVR, awesome. Cute someone was holding a "Team Morozov" banner with all his pupils including Miki!

Krislite

Medalist
Ryan Bradley

4T+2T, saved the landing on the quad
3A, good
3F, good

spinning slow
skating slow

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley

A little forward but fine 4T+2T. An extremely high 3A. Good 3F. Cautious, though, on the transitions and not a lot of speed connecting the steps. But what really hurts him is the American theme to a Russian audience. The slight lack in performance might be made up by the quad.

SP: 70.45

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley (USA)

Music: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy by John Williams

4T+2T - forward on landing, only managing +2T, but otherwise ok - and maybe < on 4T
3A
CCSp
3F
FSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

He's not giving as much personality like at Nationals - seems focused on the elements - but a solid program.

Score: 70.45 and into 3rd

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The judges still got to see a lot of Bradley's back side. A cautious performance. Marks depends on how 4T is credited.

Well, 3rd place.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ryan has absolutely horrible programs for a Russian audience. Like, the worst choices possible. He definitely should have been in 1st, though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Clearly Bradley was really cautious and slow, think he was focus on going clean, which is fine. The score was OK considering how slow he was.

ETA: Read my scores wrong. But Miner does still have the highest PCS!

Last edited:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Well, I'm happy he was clean and only doubled an intended triple in the combo.
He can raise his head high. Can't do anything about the placing.
I hope he can keep it together for the free skate.
*praying and hoping and wishing and keeping my fingers crossed all the way*

Lucine = the Adam Rippon of Monaco!

Does he get points for the hydroplane, if that's what that move was? Very pretty!

Ryan did well. I'm sure he was focusing on technique since he knows the charm won't get him points with international judges but it came off kind of cautious. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to be skating in Russia in his US military uniform, either. Still, good job!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I thought Ryan would get a little higher. PJ Kwong said on CBC that his performance level wasn't as good as usual, and I definitely noticed. I remember him saying in an article that he changed some of his footwork so he faced the judges more, but he still wasn't facing them that much, lol. I think Ryan's going to have to skate better in the free if he wants in the top 10, unless a lot of people bomb in the rest of this group and the next two.

It's sort of funny how all the American men are so close in points.