Men's LP | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Neda

Rinkside
My impressions of top ten

Patrick Chan. Wow! That was cool. I saw his nationals but downloaded from youtube. When you watch it live during competition and on the world champ it empresses hundred times more. And I'm very proud of that three records was made on the special Moscow ice :)

Takahiko KOZUKA. So happy for him. He was just brilliant in the free skate. And you know what? He was as much brilliant in the preliminary round too. On this champ he had to skate his long program twice. Our tv got interview from Artur Gachinski just after his skating and he said that he will be watching and rooting for Kozuka because this champ is harder for him then for anyone else.

Artur Gachinski. Oh, yes! That was Mishin's answer to everyone who sighed with relief when Plushy was disqualified. Next year they will come together. :laugh:
http://kp.ru/f/4/image/86/55/405586.jpg

Michal BREZINA. I love his skating but now I see that he has to do something with his jumping technique. He can beautifully land quads but he spends too much energy. This prevented him from winning the bronze medal. Artur was not tired at all after his program and Michal was half dead.

Daisuke TAKAHASHI. It's live. And I really admire his strong spirit. His routine was piece of art. May be he didn't won medal this time but he won love and respect from everyone.

Nobunari ODA. Well... What can I say... This is not only the counting problem. He is already in the history of figure skating as the only medal favorite who managed to be not qualified for the long program. Before he had problems with bootlaces. You never know what will happen to him next time.

Florent AMODIO. Sometimes I think Morozov should be a little tougher to his students. He goes too far trying to discover their individuality. He is the exact opposite of Mishin in this matter. But all the same, it was great!

Brian JOUBERT. He is still the most charismatic person no matter how he skates. Even our commentators abandoned their position and ran to throw him toys.

Richard DORNBUSH. He was really good. I hope for big future for him. Unfortunately his routine was a bit unsuitable for this audience. Russians used to another interpretation of Sherlok Holmse and they were just on a different wave.

Javier FERNANDEZ. And this is the skater whom I love. His wolf from “Nu pogodi!” in the short program was so funny! And then he did two quads in the FS. His brightness and originality will be well appreciated one day.

treeloving

Medalist
Thank you so much for your impression Neda, if you are intend to post your impression from other competition too, I can't wait to hear them.

:yay:

Yes, that was an entertaining report, Neda. Your appreciation of skaters of all nationalities is refreshing! Thank you!

- Wonderful to hear about Gachinsky's support for Kozuka.

-Nice bit about the commentators running to throw toys to Brian. Even if he didn't place well, he got the audience love. Kind of like Johnny at the last Olympics.

- What kind of Sherlock Holmes are Russians used to?

Kudos and thanks to Russia for hosting these Worlds!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Im just catching the articles here to see the results :), I m too sad I ve missed these worlds live but i ll do my best to update all threads and see all videos(probably it ll take a month, so many wrote lol) I m jawdropped for results in men and ladies, not Chan so much, the rest placements, I havent read pairs and dance yet, cant wait to call sick at work and sit and watch all! :D

Neda

Rinkside
lmao undeniable evidence that Gachinski is indeed Plushy 2.0
Well, 1.7 version, not enough upgraded yet. He still passes through uneasy growing up period so it's all mostly about interface now. But he really has an extremely high technical potential. With the scientific approach of Professor it will be perfectly competitive 2.0 model till Sochy.

Treeloving, thank you for inspiration. It's difficult for me to write long posts in English but I'll try :)

Spun Silver, thanks for kind words.
What kind of Sherlock Holmes are Russians used to?
I don't know how to explain. May be less cold, more ironic in the way of Jerom K. Jerom humour, a bit another dress style. There is old Soviet movie serial “Adventures of Sherlock Holms and doctor Watson” with Vasily Livanov and Vitaly Solomin. It was so extremely popular for several decades, that any foreign adaptation of Conan Doyle's perceived very cold. On Richards skating I caught myself that it's not easy to to tune in to his interpretation and then commentator said the same. It's a pity because he skated very confident and was worth more greetings. I beleive Peter Liebers even more suffered of this.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
When will Nobu ever learn?

I came across this after SA last year. Didn't think it would be so timely and relevent again. Oh Nobu. Sigh.

SkateFiguring and bibi24, thanks for the link to the hilarious satirical work!!!!!! This is just hilarious and pays attention to subtle details such as:

The calligraphy, a common form of art taught in Japanese schools, from the top reads: "Audience" (because she never misses to state that she "skates for the audience" and for "world piece"), "Quad", and "Abstinence". UNIQLO is a clothing chain that produces fine if not banal clothes. And I love how Fumie is not paying attention to the teacher at all!

Who's the guy behind the door?

I'm sure Plushy will get the ok to skate Sochi. But will he change his mind after seeing the high level quads shown at 2011 Worlds? He will have to look closely at 2012 Worlds as well. If he skates 2013 Worlds as a preliminary to Sochi will he be ready?

Daisuke looks hot!! So does Patrick:biggrin:
That's what I am saying. So many of the top contenders have quads now, will Plushy's quads be the best? Dai and Patrick as well as Nobu, Michal, and maybe Miner will have better overall CoP scoring if they skate their best.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
That's what I am saying. So many of the top contenders have quads now, will Plushy's quads be the best? Dai and Patrick as well as Nobu, Michal, and maybe Miner will have better overall CoP scoring if they skate their best.
Hehe re: hotness of Dai and Patrick.
As for Dai's quads, jumps in general, I dunno... it must not be easy as he gets older. But what is Plushy now, like 30?:biggrin:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Chan's quads could get like all +2's on GOE what if next season Plushenkos quads are all like -1 or -2 or worse Ur-ed a litle! That would be bad but if Plushenko did deliver a quad loop he could regain some points. And I believe his 3A was still one of the best of the 2009-2010 season.