Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Why was the musical cut terrible?? This is Patrick's Chan's tango SP musc from a year ago...

Really? I thought it was Le Tango de Roxanne. Then it wasn't terrible, but they didn't skate anything close to the music.

Really liked the Estonian pair. The double twist in particular was a gem.

As for the 2nd Chinese team, presumably levels and lower base value in general. They were behind on both TES and PCS.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
PJ Kwong just said on CBC that Duhamel and Radford may not be able to skate the free because of Radford's nose, but she doesn't have any real info yet. His nose was out of alignment at the end of the program, apparently, and might be broken. I hope it's not too bad and they are able to skate the free, though. What a shame to not be able to finish your first world championships because you got elbowed in the nose!

herios

Medalist
Really? I thought it was Le Tango de Roxanne. Then it wasn't terrible, but they didn't skate anything close to the music.

:laugh:

Actually I clapped along their music, because I love that tango, I really find it very uplifting and good choice to skate to. You must be tired:)

KKonas

Medalist
Officials Pairs SP - Ref Sierocka (POL), TC Tanger (USA), TS Bich (RUS), TS Cain (AUS) Panel: Hebel-Szmak (POL), Orlandini (ITA), Blanc (SWI), Trietz (GER). Kogan (RUS), Rosenbluth (USA), Wang (CHN), Shirshov (BLR), Lindsey (GBR)

gold12345

Medalist
Ah, hopefully they can give Radford a painkiller or something and they can compete! I've seen basketball players play with broken noses... They wear a huge mask on their face, which would look really weird in skating, unfortunately.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
PJ Kwong on CBC just said that Eric Radford's nose has been re-set, and he's doing well. I hope that this means that they skate tomorrow...they have a solid SP score, and it would be a shame for them to have to walk away after Eric had such a gutsy skate.

herios

Medalist
UPDATE: Michael Slipchuk from Skate Canada says Radford's nose is fine now.

It wasn't broken Thank God!.

For whoever is wondering why the canadians have such a lead, their program is beautiful overall. From an artistical prespective, has no comparison, to anything else we have seen so far in this event.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Adorable clips of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch backstage on the CBC live feed. They look really happy and relaxed.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
a question for native english speaker: Bold commentator PJ keeps saying "Meagan's elbow connected to Eric's nose", shouldn't she use contact instead of connect? sounds weird