Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

herios

Medalist
Smirnov just solved the puzzle, gave the judges the reason to have the leaderboard unchanged, this should go into 4th.

lisou

On the Ice
Oh my...that was stupid ? What's with the weird falls today ? The Russian crowd is really nice.

babayaga

On the Ice
Berton/Hotarek were picking little pieces of something up off the ice. I was wondering if they didn't get them all, and that's why John and just now Alexander fell.

That's exactly my thought. They both fell in the same place of the rink, no?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov (RUS)

3T - landed, she's a bit forward on landing
3LoTh - ok, a bit hesitant on landing
3FTw - a bit crashy as usual
BiDs
FCCoSp - ok unison
he falls at beginning of step seq?!!
SlSt
Li

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Is it just me, or was the choreography completely random and disconnected with the music? I'm slightly confused by this program.:unsure:

herios

Medalist
Is it just me, or was the choreography completely random and disconnected with the music? I'm slightly confused by this program.:unsure:

No, you are right, this program is very odd and there is not much connection between the movement and the music at all, whoever picked this music, should be shot:)

lisou

On the Ice

No, it's not just you. I am ??? too. At least the costumes are a bit better than their earlier ones.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Pang & Tong were incredible and should have an even bigger lead on the other pairs. I am satisfied though. The top 3 were all great. Hopefully the competition is as well skated in the long.

smia

Rinkside
No, you are right, this program is very odd and there is not much connection between the movement and the music at all, whoever picked this music, should be shot:)
Kazakova/Dmitriev had an excellent program to this music but it's just not suited to K/S.

gold12345

Medalist
OK, the judges sent a clear message, to K/S. they are...screwed.

Yeah, the message is if your skate is shaky, you will place behind good pairs that skated less shaky. :laugh: K/S have a weaker triple twist, and she had to fight for the landing on the throw as well as her SBS jump.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Considering only half their elements were solid tonight I would say they should be happy with a score in the mid 60s. I do think it is a changing of the gaurd though but neccessarily due to politics. Just that K/S probably cant match the technical ability and consistency level of V/T already, and V/T have alot more improvement ahead as far as choreography and overall presentation than K/S do.

KMK0902

On the Ice
I must have missed this info, but someone please tell me "where are the chinese Z/Z??"

not that i am a fan of their skating but....

K

herios

Medalist
Yeah, the message is if your skate is shaky, you will place behind good pairs that skated less shaky. :laugh: K/S have a weaker triple twist, and she had to fight for the landing on the throw as well as her SBS jump.

Despite those, K/S used to be held up by the judges ion the PCS, but that habit didn't happen today. That is because the V/T can be a better replacement fior them as the top russian team. For example, last year in Turin, they didn't deserve to beat Mukhortova/Trankov, that is why I was surprised to see them finally dropped by the judges.