Pairs - Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Long Program

herios

Medalist
Well those two mistake pretty much cost them 6-7 points!! But I think even if they are super clean, P/T will be still behind S/S because they do a eassier side by side jumps...

That is right. The 2 sets of sbs 3t's for the germans give them a very comfy cushion.

L'amour

On the Ice
I didn't said the costumes didn't suit the program, I saied the costumes are not flatering to both of them, but everybody have an diferent opinion

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Well those two mistake pretty much cost them 6-7 points!! But I think even if they are super clean, P/T will be still behind S/S because they do a eassier side by side jumps and throw...

Ah, I see. I hadn't relized the differences at first. I'm not a skater, so I still struggle with identifying some jumps on the spot :) I guess the numbers make sense then.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Like their program or not, S/S sure had a very hard program technically! Those entries intro the 2A were gorgeous!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm a little surprised people are stunned by the difference between P/T and S/S. S/S had the harder program and nailed absolutely everything. That thing was earning GOE's up the wazoo.

Art&Sport

Medalist
ITA ImaginaryPogue and Mirunna, like their style and their program this season or not, S&S and S (coach) have impacted pairs skating with innovative moves and a unique creative approach. Plenty of other teams are inspired by what S&S do on the ice, believe it or not. I really love P&T and applaud their success -- at 2010 Olympics, P&T definitely incorporated many of S&S moves and of course brought their own unique abilities to their gorgeous programs, and beat S&S at their own innovative style.

Love what V&T do as well! Wow, Johnny Weir inspired costumes.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The Russians are clearly the best...look, speed, line etc.

He had a step-out, and easier throws/jumps. They were great and will be dominant, but this year, clearly second, I thought. But my goodness, the rivalry between the Ukranian ladies could be epic.

So so happy for V/T, though. I don't think I've ever seen Maxim that happy on the ice. What a difference a change in partnership makes.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
WHat a gutsy performance by V/T !! I am thrilled for them ! Russian pairs skating is back !!