Pairs - Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Long Program

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I got so tense, waiting to see how Tatiana and Maxim would do. lol Now I am smiling. More and more broadly. :D:D:D

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I just now woke up and watched V/T's performance live. I'll have to watch the rest of the top teams later. I thought this pair should have won the SP but their LP isn't as effective. They need a better program to match the WONDERFUL ability and lines they have.

herios

Medalist
I also am giving a Stading "O" for Tatiana and Maxim. Yeah baby! They suffered enough in the last 4 years with all those failures.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
A Well deserve Silver for V/T!! They are the only team that match S/S TES in term of base value. I like their performance better than S/S. It looks more powerful!! If wouldn't for a little turnout on the 3T from Maxim, they can almost match S/S score.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I believed S/S were miles away technically compared to V/T...loved V/T but they were over-scored.

kensal

Rinkside
Watching V/T I could not help but feel that they can do more and harder. So much power and potential.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Its been a year (2010 Olympics) since I have been this excited to watched the pairs competition. I am just impressed at the progress and success of V/T within their first season. Really looking forward to next season and the upcoming years with this team. They will play a substantial part in bringing Russia a medal in Sochi.

tdnuva

On the Ice
We are in Russia after all.... even the judges can be influenced by this audience. (This was my comment to the overscoring for V&T which I second - only I was too slow in typing....)

And don't get me wrong, they were good in many aspects, but not in all. And the other Russian pair (B&L) has the edge in my eyes - better lines, elegance instead of strength. I have to admit, I'd rather root for Bazarova ;)

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
A Well deserve Silver for V/T!! They are the only team that match S/S TES in term of base value. I like their performance better than S/S. It looks more powerful!! If wouldn't for a little turnout on the 3T from Maxim, they can almost match S/S score.

You see, that's not actually true. The difference in BV was actually 3.08 in favour of the Germans. V/T were scored quite highly in GOEs (and deservingly) but they weren't technically much stronger than the Germans. S/S were just on. I wasn't the biggest fan of this program, but they sold it very well. Next season, with more growth and "pairness", V/T will be ... amazing.

Art&Sport

Medalist
V&T are lovely to watch (love their Johnny-Weir inspired costumes :)) -- their Russian-style is gorgeous, but no, they are not clearly the best in this competition. Watch closely and you should be able to see how they too incorporate moves innovated by S&S and S.

yunafan1860

Rinkside
Man it was thrilling to do "YYYEAAAAHH!!" together with Russian people at every V/T jump and twist!! this is figure skating ladies and gentlemen!

oleada

Record Breaker
I think the results were correct.
S/S were absolutely ON and their program is more complex, with higher base value. V/T are very good, but their program isn't anything special. But next year....they are already amazing.