Ladies - Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

jaylee

Medalist
Regarding Yu-Na's spins, I noticed an unusual burst of applause for her layback spin. Maybe that made an impression on the judges. I don't know.

The point margins between everyone are so insignificant that I feel it's anyone's game tomorrow. Nobody has anything locked up, so the best FS should win it...which is good. This competition is not over yet.

YN fan

Rinkside
Everyone has different opinions. If you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be checking discussion boards? I don't hate Yuna. I don't think many people hate Yuna on this board. Just the score didn't reflect what she did on the ice is what some people are saying...[/QUOTE

I wish everyone is more open-minded like you but I've seen some haters here and you would probably agree that Yuna has the most haters these days. I can understand that as well since she's the top dog. maybe you're right. I was being too sensitive since Yuna is my fav skater. but my opinion was that the score reflected exactly what she did on ice, and people should learn to live with that.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
yeah I can totally see one of the Russians on the podium tomorrow, just like what happened in Men's.

Layfan

Record Breaker
judges should have to give news conferences after competitions :) Then people could ask them why Yuna's spins were scored higher than Alissa's.

Still, it's hard to get fussed given that Yuna and Miki are tied and Alissa and Ksenia are tied. In the end it's up to the skaters to bring it tomorrow. They are all well placed for what they put out there today. Nobody has been unfairly buried. (well, some posters are saying Kanako but I haven't watched yet) And there are about four other girls in the fight for the podium, including Mao.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
hmm. If Yuna or Miki don't win it'll be because they seriously messed up. I think the fight is tight for bronze. Maybe a surprise for silver but it'll be because Yuna or Miki messed up. But you can't count anyone out for bronze at this point.

Maybe so. But if someone told me after the men's SP that Taka would move up from 6th place to take Silver, that Dai would finish off the podium, Oda messing up the math yet again
and Artur winning bronze, I would not have believed it. Ice is slippery.

ks777

Record Breaker
I wish everyone is more open-minded like you but I've seen some haters here and you would probably agree that Yuna has the most haters these days. I can understand that as well since she's the top dog. maybe you're right. I was being too sensitive since Yuna is my fav skater. but my opinion was that the score reflected exactly what she did on ice, and people should learn to live with that.

No, Yuna does not have the most haters. Patty Chan does by far.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, well.

Good debut from Kim, but thought she got a bit of rep scoring. I'd have her around 61-62 with the mistake.

Same with Ando, although she was clean- it was very conservative.

Not Flatt's best performance, and glad that Czisny only bobbled a bit on that 2nd triple and didn't fall.

Russian ladies really brought it today.

YN fan

Rinkside
I think you're being a bit sensitive here. Nobody (for the most part -- I did see some Korean bribing comments) is saying Yuna is evil or a bad person. We are simple analyzing her program.

That said, we are comparing her to other skaters along with her other programs. We compare to other programs to point out what we know she can do and to other skaters.

For me personally, I think the placements are OK, but I question elements of her scores, namely her spins scores. That has been my main criticism throughout.

Anyway, I think it's reasonable for people to compare, especially since we haven't seen her all season.

Well, Mrs.P, I am not calling you a hater. Actually I am fine with the comments you make. but the people whom I have problems with are the ones that say "oh Yuna bribed the judges again, I just hate Yuna because she wins even though she doesn't deserve it"
Yes, some people here bluntly say that.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Miki was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! She's so different from the jumping bean she was in 2007. Wish she'd gone for 3s/3l but oh well!

Yu-na what a competitor- Loved her usual fire and even better step sequence with the usual attitude! ??? about the judge who gave her +1 for the 3lz though.

Rachael's spread eagles and L4 step sequence were fab!!!!!

Russian girls! Has Leonova's skating improved? It looked that way.

Carolina's deep yet light and crisp step sequence!

Oh Mao... Not good. And it's not just the 3axel. Her PCS was a bit generous I think. Gotta see 3f in slo-mo. It's a shame because it looked like she was peaking towards March.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
judges should have to give news conferences after competitions :) Then people could ask them why Yuna's spins were scored higher than Alissa's.

Still, it's hard to get fussed given that Yuna and Miki are tied and Alissa and Ksenia are tied. In the end it's up to the skaters to bring it tomorrow. They are all well placed for what they put out there today. Nobody has been unfairly buried. (well, some posters are saying Kanako but I haven't watched yet) And there are about four other girls in the fight for the podium, including Mao.

I am a Kanako fan but her score seemed reasonable. She did not get credit for her 3x3, had a bobble/stepout on her 2A and it looked like she had a skid of sorts on one of her spins. Not her best performance but not so bad either for her first time at senior worlds.

The judges did seem to favor Alena and Ksenia's energetic skating and Kanako did bring energy. But she isn't polished enough (and still too new) to get breaks from the judges when she is not clean on her elements.

All of the scores seemed to be on the low side until the two Russian Ladies and Caro skated. Suddenly the scores felt inflated compared to the marks seen earlier.

It's just figure skating and is meant to be enjoyed rather than thinking the CoP is actually all that accurate or non-political.

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I am a Kanako fan but her score seemed reasonable. She did not get credit for her 3x3, had a bobble/stepout on her 2A and it looked like she had a skid of sorts on one of her spins. Not her best performance but not so bad either for her first time at senior worlds.

The judges did seem to favor Alena and Ksenia's energetic skating and Kanako did bring energy. But she isn't polished enough (and still too new) to get breaks from the judges when she is not clean on her elements.

Kanako score is a little low. Didnèt see her skate so canèt comment on the downgrade on her 3T+3T... but I am sure she will bring it home in the FS... and can move up the ranking a few spots. I donèt see either Korppi, Kostner or the two Russians skating clean...given what they had deliver so far...

Right now Cizney has the best chances of fighting for bronze, but she has to stay on her feet....its alot of pressure when you know you are only 1-2 away from a medal. Best of luck to all and hope FS is not loaded splats/drama like in men FS... LOL

R.D.

Record Breaker
Right now Cizney has the best chances of fighting for bronze, but she has to stay on her feet....its alot of pressure when you know you are only 1-2 away from a medal.

She skates after Ando, Asada and Kim...gonna be interesting.

russell30

Final Flight
A great competition from the off :biggrin:

Karina Johnson was fab!!

Movchans' height on her lutz combo

Cheltzie's unexpected 3x3 (the second was higher than the first)

Meite WOW what a lovely program :biggrin:

Glebova's sex appeal (gorgeous)

Vannut (gorgeous musicality) she has style, for the future for me

Viktoria H -my heart sank, but her Free skating is he forte!! (watch her climb)

Joshi - total surprise and lovely to watch full of attack

Murakami - Ouch that double axel hurt her

Leonova - WOW fab!!!

Kostner - again heart sank but the best program out there, love that end to that step sequence

Makarova - WOW wasn't sure she had that in her, but great music

Ando - conservative, but she has always been like that, got the job done

Czisny - 2nd best program out there, spins to die for, best artistry glad she held it together, shame about the flip, she would probably be leading (but best for her she isn,t)

Kiira - Another beautiful program, shame about her combo, if she landed OH BOY top 3!!

Flatt - Nice program but a bit flatt today

Asada - Lovely program, shame about the axel, a lot to do tomorrow, like V Helgesson her free skating is her forte

Kim - Thought that might happen, she had no experience coming in, nervous better of her, surprised she's first, would have had her behind Ando, Makarova and Czisny

cooper

Medalist
at least Yuna didn't exactly bomb today like "many" predicted (maybe on her lp, who knows) but i'm happy at least she fought for it. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Kanako score is a little low. Didnèt see her skate so canèt comment on the downgrade on her 3T+3T... but I am sure she will bring it home in the FS... and can move up the ranking a few spots. I donèt see either Korppi, Kostner or the two Russians skating clean...given what they had deliver so far...

Right now Cizney has the best chances of fighting for bronze, but she has to stay on her feet....its alot of pressure when you know you are only 1-2 away from a medal. Best of luck to all and hope FS is not loaded splats/drama like in men FS... LOL

I think Czisny is in a good place. She's right outside of medal contention, as someone mentioned somewhere, she seems to do well when she's not first. She doesn't have it as bad as Mirai does when she's in first (see GPF where she dropped from 1st to 3rd in the LP but still managed to win), but clearly she seems well-suited to do the "fighter" position. Gracefully, of course. :)

janetfan

Match Penalty

If you didn't see her skate how can you be sure her score was a little low?

Not saying I disagree with you but I did watch the last three groups which gave me a little feeling for how the scoring was going.
If Kanako had skated after the two Russian girls and Caro her score might have been a bit higher.

She is still young and her best skating is in the future.

prettykeys

Medalist
She skates after Ando, Asada and Kim...gonna be interesting.
I wish Alissa well. For some reason, I don't think she will be rattled with her skating order. When her nerves used to get to her, it seemed like it was an internal issue, not dependent on other skaters. She has really improved on that.