Ladies - Short Program | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
god... y pp are whining about Yuna's so called "not enough deduction"?
she's got all the rotations(it's a bit strange considering the fact that normally step out or two foot landing occur with under-rotation)
But anyway, somehow she rotated fully(I will watch the video again to see whether she rotated more - I'm guessing that might be a reason she stepped out) -_- f

And yeh the point is Yuna surely deserves a deduction on her 3Lz for stepping out but not for under-rotation...
(and in fact her 3Lz was so huge for sure XD too bad she stepped out... wat ashame...)

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone is whining here. It's called analysis. There's a difference. Just because we're not all happy your favorite skater won and we're questioning it does not = whining for no reason.

Last edited:

yangjie

On the Ice
Now the big question is will Mao will be able to bounce back to the podium.... Gold/Silver is appearently out of reach....but she can still salvage bronze if she skates like in 4CC. Or will the Russian skaters will be held up for podium...

mao dosent looks fine, maybe she is injured or got cough.
in this case, mao dose not have any chances to get a medal.
i am very very sorry to her. what happend to her ??

lavender

Record Breaker
The only thing that I have a problem with is Yu na's spins and layback scores vs Alissa. I don’t know if I have a problem with Yu na being first. I think I’m okay with that.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
hmm. If Yuna or Miki don't win it'll be because they seriously messed up. I think the fight is tight for bronze. Maybe a surprise for silver but it'll be because Yuna or Miki messed up. But you can't count anyone out for bronze at this point.

I don't know, I think Alissa could sneak in there. You and I both know that Alissa's LP is gorgeous. But yeah, given all the drama that happened in the men's LP, the bronze is definitely not locked in. (Men's medalists positions after SP 1, 6, 4)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The only thing that I have a problem is with her spin and layback scores vs Alissa. I don’t know if I have a problem with Yu na being first. I think I’m okay with that.

I think I'm OK with it because they're virtually tied. That said, if Yuna's spin scores were only a little higher than Miki's instead of being in Alissa territory, it would have been much, much closer.

Cerulean

Rinkside
I wonder what she/he is smoking??? OH yeah probably all those Cuban cigar send to him/her as a gift from the Korean FS commitee (Prob attached with a paycheck too)... * Just wrong.....*

Really? You know this for a fact? How much are they throwing around?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a bold tweet from Jeremy Abbott:
Alissa strength is her long. I can't say the same for some of the other girls... #LSRBAM! #USA!

Hm...wondering who he is referring to...

wallylutz

Medalist
A mohawk is a step as specified by the rules, and she changes edges a couple of times before entering that. It's not an intricate entry into the 3lutz, but she absolutely did do her 3lutz right after executing a step as defined by the rules.

Read the rules more carefully again, the requirement for the steps preceding the jump in the SP spefically demands a higher standard than what you just described. This is why several judges chose to give her -3 for GOE otherwise, a step out is normally between -1 and -2.

JeffyJosephNCA

On the Ice
Just realized in the protocols Rachael got a Level 4 on her footwork, very rare, I can only think of Akiko Suzuki to have accomplished this...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Read the rules more carefully again, the requirement for the steps preceding the jump in the SP spefically demands a higher standard than what you just described. This is why several judges chose to give her -3 for GOE otherwise, a step out is normally between -1 and -2.

Can you point me to the relevant documentation? I want to read it myself. If that's the case then a lot of people should be getting -3 for their solo jumps in the SP. Also, in the rulebook I'm reading a step out has a deduction of -2 to -3 in the GOE.

YN fan

Rinkside
I see that people here are discussing how some skaters are overscored and underscored relative to other skaters, that I can understand since figure skating is kind of a subjective sport. But why do people, who whine about Yuna's score (most of them have history of slandering her before anyway), say "oh Yuna didn't deserve to be in first place, she is nothing like the 2009 world championship or 2010 olympic" ? Yes, she wasn't up to here standards today and that's why she didn't get 76 points this time. why are you all acting like Yuna got 76 points with that performance ? She didn't. Why would you even compare old Yuna to present Yuna when you try to justify your slandering of Yuna's score ? she is competing against other skaters, not 2009 Yuna or 2010 Yuna.

I think the scores are right for most skaters. It's not like Yuna has a 10 points lead with mistakes in her program. Miki and Yuna are virtually tied and pretty much everybody has a chance. and I still wouldn't count Mao out despite what happened today.

but if you still passionately despise Yuna (or any other individual skater for that matter), well there's really nothing I can do. I understand it's the internet and you can say whatever you want. Sometimes, I wonder....Did Yuna steal your lunch money back in kindergarten or something ? If she did, well that makes sense then.

jaylee

Medalist
Just realized in the protocols Rachael got a Level 4 on her footwork, very rare, I can only think of Akiko Suzuki to have accomplished this...

Carolina Kostner at 2007 NHK, 2010 Worlds; Akiko Suzuki at 2010 4CCs, and Mao Asada at 2009 World Team Trophy.

ks777

Record Breaker
I see that people here are discussing how some skaters are overscored and underscored relative to other skaters, that I can understand since figure skating is kind of a subjective sport. But why do people, who whine about Yuna's score (most of them have history of slandering her before anyway), say "oh Yuna didn't deserve to be in first place, she is nothing like the 2009 world championship or 2010 olympic" ? Yes, she wasn't up to here standards today and that's why she didn't get 76 points this time. why are you all acting like Yuna got 76 points with that performance ? She didn't. Why would you even compare old Yuna to present Yuna when you try to justify your slandering of Yuna's score ? she is competing against other skaters, not 2009 Yuna or 2010 Yuna.

I think the scores are right for most skaters. It's not like Yuna has a 10 points lead with mistakes in her program. Miki and Yuna are virtually tied and pretty much everybody has a chance. and I still wouldn't count Mao out despite what happened today.

but if you still passionately despise Yuna (or any other individual skater for that matter), well there's really nothing I can do. I understand it's the internet and you can say whatever you want. Sometimes, I wonder....Did Yuna steal your lunch money back in kindergarten or something ? If she did, well that makes sense then.

Everyone has different opinions. If you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be checking discussion boards? I don't hate Yuna. I don't think many people hate Yuna on this board. Just the score didn't reflect what she did on the ice is what some people are saying...

magicalwords

On the Ice

Great for Rachael! :clap: I really like her East of Eden SP, especially her footwork, she attacks it with so much fire and passion :thumbsup:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I think you're being a bit sensitive here. Nobody (for the most part -- I did see some Korean bribing comments) is saying Yuna is evil or a bad person. We are simple analyzing her program.

That said, we are comparing her to other skaters along with her other programs. We compare to other programs to point out what we know she can do and to other skaters.

For me personally, I think the placements are OK, but I question elements of her scores, namely her spins scores. That has been my main criticism throughout.

Anyway, I think it's reasonable for people to compare, especially since we haven't seen her all season.