Ladies - Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
61.47. That seems a bit low, esp. since her tech content was way more difficult than Ksenia's and she wuld've gotten +2 & +3 on her spins...maybe edge call on the flip? They've been strict on those for some reason.

JeffyJosephNCA

On the Ice
Alissa CZISNY USA 61.47 31.33 30.14 7.50 7.25 7.71 7.57 7.64
Currently 3rd

Finally great to see her get the PCS she truly deserves!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Very pretty program for Kira....but did she do a combo? My feed was stuttering but I'm pretty sure she fell on her opening jumping pass, which means...

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
This is a beautiful program by Kiira. Shame about her fall on her 3T, I don't think she had a combination. Beauty bonus and strong skating skills will keep her up though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kiira KORPI (FIN)

Music: Somewhere Over the Rainbow (from "The Wizard of Oz") by Harold Arlen
SB: 63.50

3T - fall, no combo
3Lo - nice
FSSp
2A
LSp
SlSt
CCoSp

A shame about the fall. Hopefully this means a strong long program...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
What happens if you fall on your combo jump? Is the only penalty not getting the points for the second jump (GOE of -3 guaranteed, of course, but that's generally what you get for a fall).

lotte86

Rinkside
no combo for Kiira!
My commentator keeps raving about how beautiful she is... there is more then that!
Love her dress btw

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What happens if you fall on your combo jump? Is the only penalty not getting the points for the second jump (GOE of -3 guaranteed, of course, but that's generally what you get for a fall).

I thought that they made it a SEQ i.e. 70 percent of the value of the jump, but they didn't do that with Joubert when he missed his combo. I guess they figure it's punishment enough that you don't have the points of the second jump.

I thought Makarova had a lot more fire and wow factor than Alissa - I finally see why Johnny likes her so much. She took a big step forward today.

I'm not a huge Alissa fan except some of her spins (specifically the last combo but not the camel combo) but I'm glad to see her stay upright, that's for sure.