ICE DANCE - Short Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

ICE DANCE - Short Dance

jan

On the Ice
That seems fair. V/M were perfect, and D/W were slightly off at times. Scores are appropriately close. Tomorrow's going to be a real fight. Should be awesome.:biggrin:

I can't say I agree with the Shibs being placed over the Russians or W/P for that matter, but oh well.

The problem is that the basic skating skills etc. for V/M are superior to D/W..thus they deserve higher PCS scores.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca were cute as hell skating to Doris Day, although they barely made use of the nuances in that song (not that there is much), or made use of the lyrics. They did much better with Girls, Girls, Girls.

Nikita almost kept up with Elena today, he noticeably sagged a bit near the end of the SD, though. But good effort!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Haha the Russian audience does not give their standing ovations easily!

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I continue to not understand shibs placement (I love them, but I just don't get how they can be before B/S, W/P, I/K, even C/L...)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Lovely debut by I/K. They really are just wonderful skaters. Personally, I don't think the music helped them much here, though. It kind of bvrought them down.

Hmm, scores seem a little high, but they were technically very good. Maybe I'm just a little biased, but it seems W/P were a tad undermarked here.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
B/S also had a dramatic program, which I liked better. I love, love, love Elena, but Nikita is such a weak link. His lack of stamina and control causes him to fall out of unison with Elena, which is a major criteria in each of the 5 PCS for ice dancing. So I'm not surprised they're behind B/S because of the PCS.

Sackie

Medalist
I agree W/P should be 3rd at this point. Think they were hurt by being the 3rd Can team and having to go through the qualifying round. There has not been much said about them compared to the teams ahead of them.

kensal

Rinkside
Barred major disaster, I think we have our podium in exact the same order. While the battle below 3rd place raises questions, I don't think it really matters in the end.

Sackie

Medalist
W/P and C/P were the only 2 teams in the town 10 to not get SBs. Think that says alot about the judging! Cause for me they both gave their best international skates here!