How many skaters can we send? | Golden Skate

How many skaters can we send?

chrissy51

Rinkside
With our men only placing 9th and 13th, and pairs placing 6th and 11th how many can we send to World's next year?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
2 on both counts. If the placements add up to less than 13 with the top 2 skater then the country gets to send 3. if it's higher than 13, but less than I think 24, then the country gets to send 2 any more and it's only one entry.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So far....

Men
3: Japan
2: Canada, USA, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Russia
1: Everyone else.

Pairs
3: Russia, Germany
2: China, Canada, USA, Japan, Italy
1: Everyone else.

SugarCranberry

Rinkside
With our men only placing 9th and 13th, and pairs placing 6th and 11th how many can we send to World's next year?

I can't believe that US pairs did better than US men and as well as US ladies :sheesh:
May be it’s time to show pairs life during the Nationals instead of squeezing them into ladies warm-ups.:laugh:

Last edited:
What about ice dance?
I believe D/L and the Shibs would get the USFS 3; and Chock and Zuerlein are safe without a prelim skate for 2012.

Canada has V/M, with 2pts plus W/P with 4 points I think, but C/P may have to skate prelims - not sure! Canadian Fran, please throw more light on this.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's getting pretty ridiculous with the US women not having more then 2 spots again next year. When will this mediocrity finally end?:mad:

Last edited:

nadster

Final Flight
I believe D/L and the Shibs would get the USFS 3; and Chock and Zuerlein are safe without a prelim skate for 2012.

Canada has V/M, with 2pts plus W/P with 4 points I think, but C/P may have to skate prelims - not sure! Canadian Fran, please throw more light on this.

C/P won't have to skate prelims as all the Canadian teams finished in the top 15. If you have 3 entries, gain 3 spots and all your entries finish in the top 15 in dance ( top 18 in singles ), then none of that country's skaters have to go through qualifying.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have a question about the number of spots the Russian ice dance teams could get.

B/S is the 6th & I/K is the 7th, totalling the magic number 13. Does this mean Russia earned 3 spots for the next year's world?

Also does any one of the Russian team has to skate the prelim?

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Since the placements add up to 13, then Russia gets 3 spots next year. I'm not sure about qualifying, but I think the 3rd ranked team would have to skate qualifying becaue there wasn't a third team at worlds this year.

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's getting pretty ridiculous with the US women not having more then 2 spots again next year. When will this mediocrity finally end?:mad:

If this helps anybody I have a feeling USA could have sent 10 Ladies to Worlds this season and still not won a medal.
OK, maybe Mirai at her best in both programs could have medaled but is anybody willing to bet their house on that happening?

It's not a matter of having three that makes the difference but of having two that are going to skate well enough to qualify.

Based on the season Jeremy and Adam had I would no tbet a whole lot that their presense would have made much difference for the US Men.

We can see it is becoming a quad game for the Men and a clean Rippon was not going to get close to this podium. A clean Jeremy could have made a difference but that is a crap shoot at best. He could have finished 5-7 or 7-10 or even lower.

I don;t think the US Men will be hurt by having two at Worlds next season. They will only be hurt if the two who go are not podium contenders.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since the placements add up to 13, then Russia gets 3 spots next year. I'm not sure about qualifying, but I think the 3rd ranked team would have to skate qualifying becaue there wasn't a third team at worlds this year.
Thank you. I'm sure the Russian federation is thrilled to have three spots the next year, given that they are attempting to build up their ice dance teams toward Sochi. :)