22 Alissa CZISNY USA 4 61.47
23 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 6 59.75
24 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS 3 61.62

I'm so excited!

christinaskater

Medalist
I'm so excited for later!

Miki looks strong and for me, she may win it if she gives a flawless program

Alena, she may get nervous if she hears high scores from Miki or she may have a lights off performance because she is in her hometown

Yu-Na , I guess will give a nice performance, she may win if she skates clean or get the silver

Alissa-if she relaxes and believes a medal may be in sight, hope she skates without pressure and delivers a performance worthy of a world-champion or medalist! I wish her all the best!

Hope she doesn't get intimidated after Yu-Na skates

Carolina-she may medal or not, I wish her all the best and I love her skating! She has improved so much! I feel she may have a few errors or may fall which I don't want to happen.

Ksenia may have a dream skate in my opinion, she also may medal

I believe MAO will have one heck of a performance and may medal as well, possibly catch the bronze or silver, she may do 2 triple axels already.

Kanako may land in the top 5 with a 7 triple performance with her triple toe-triple toe combination

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
This is an amazing draw for everyone! Everyone may turn in an amazing skate. No one is in a position that they say they "hate" (Kim hates to skate last).

The Russian fans will be screaming for Ksusha!

volk

Final Flight
I'll be away all day tomorrow!:cry: Is there any place where I can download Ladies LP, so that I won't be spoiling myself?

Nena

Rinkside
I just heard that Mao lost 10 pounds since the earthquake so that explains why she did so poorly. I'm not expecting her to move up much.

bibi24

Final Flight
I just heard that Mao lost 10 pounds since the earthquake so that explains why she did so poorly. I'm not expecting her to move up much.

OMG I thought the weight loss was for optimal performance on 3A.... that's awful hopefully the girl can cheer up soon :thumbsup:

Nena

Rinkside
OMG I thought the weight loss was for optimal performance on 3A.... that's awful hopefully the girl can cheer up soon :thumbsup:

Me too. I'm sad that Worlds hasn't been great for the Japanese skaters other than Kozuka. I'm hoping Ando will skate great in the free so Japan has something to be happy about.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
awww poor Mao. What a sad sad year for Japan. I hope she can skate well in the free, enough for us to see her smile.

L

lowtherlore

Free skating will be so exciting! We have ten skaters with a shot at the podium.
I hope Yuna get the jitters out of her system and skate with confidence.
Miki has excellent chance to win, and if it's to happen, I want to see her do it with an aggressive skate.
Carolina looks good, has a good chance to medal, and a fair chance to win it with a clean skate.
Alissa's LP is beautiful and I really want to see her on the podium. She is the key for the deserved 3rd spot for the US, given Rachael's consistency.
I expect home favorites Ksenia and Alena to skate solidly and challenge podium favorites.
Mao, it's terrible to see her in the current state. She apparently lost substantial muscle mass in the last two months, and makes me wonder she has enough stamina to push it to the end in the free skate. I suspect she had bee resorting to extreme diet toward the end of season in each of the last two years. She looks sluggish, and seems unable to do fully rotated triples. I hope she finds a way for better conditioning, if she wants to continue until Sochi.

Serious Business

Record Breaker

Where did you hear that? I ask because that's so horrible I hope it's not true.

Me too. I'm sad that Worlds hasn't been great for the Japanese skaters other than Kozuka. I'm hoping Ando will skate great in the free so Japan has something to be happy about.

Miki has been incredibly consistent in the FS this season (her consistency in the SP ain't too shabby either). You could very well get your wish!

And while Kanako didn't do too swell in the SP, she isn't actually that many points behind, and she has a much more complex and sophisticated FS that will win over judges turned off by her frantic and cutesy SP.

And Mao is even less behind in points. Mao didn't get to where she is by rolling over. Getting such a low (well low for her) ranking in the SP should make her really determined and focused to show off her skills in the FS. And because she's not actually that behind in points, she could easily get on the podium, or even win. Unless what Nena said is true. :(

pista04

On the Ice
I have faith in Alissa. Come oon! =] She will make Detroit proud; she already has after the short program. =]

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
It's true. Sorry, in Japanese only.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/04/30/kiji/K20110430000728390.html

Not only that, in her recent interview, she said she had no idea whether it was morraly right to go to Worlds when her country went through such a saddest disaster.

Go Mao-chan, show us your smile :)

That is sad. I wonder if she has relatives/friends missing/dead..or maybe she's just so sensitive to things like that and I wouldn't be surprised.
Tragic event that affected so many people in your own country...
I guess some people took it harder than others.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That is sad. I wonder if she has relatives/friends missing/dead..or maybe she's just so sensitive to things like that and I wouldn't be surprised.
Tragic event that affected so many people in your own country...
I guess some people took it harder than others.

It's how you use that emotional energy. Some get motivated by it and others get down with it.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
IF you asked me a couple of months ago if I would be cheering on Alicia I would have told you that you must be huffing paint fumes. However, she has proven herself capable able. Most likely because of her we will send 3 ladies next worlds. So regardless of how she skates, ( I would like to see a triple triple of some kind and also hope she will include a Salchow in her program. )
Besides her spins (no one is better) I like two things. First when she skates well she does not collapse into tears of joy beyond belief. Very classy. Also, I like her foot work. While everyone else is flapping their arms all over the place and trying to fit as many turns as they can from one side of the rink to the other. Alicia incorporates as man variations on the turns in both directions in a nice even placed rate that makes her stand out. I mean the opposite of this would be Rachael Flatt who look more like she was having a epileptic seizure or tweaking on meth. If Alicia skates well regardless of how she places. Then she has earned my respect. Also I wish she would teach Yuna how to do a lay back spin.

bibi24

Final Flight
CCTV-5 broadcast has started, commentary is just enough, not overly spammy during the program :)