Ladies - Long Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
LMAO the mascot! That thing cracks me up! Is it a cat? A raccoon?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Agh Alissa got Level 2 again on her footwork and that pesky edge call on the Flip again.......

Darn. But she could have lived with that if it weren't for the fall. COP friendly footwork isn't her strong suit, although I love the way it's choreographed in her LP. Alissa is just one of those skaters who can't afford major mistakes.

Well, she's a two time US champ and a GPF champ and her placement is soooooooo much better, such a relief after her last two world outings.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Makarova did one to many combos, and thus got her 3S+2T invalidaded. Otherwise she wouls have finished above Asada in 6th.

Yeah, I'm sad for her. I was wondering what happened. I prefer her to Leonova.

I am fine with the podium and placements. I was rooting for Carolina to make the podium after Alissa messed up, so I am glad she delivered. She is not a favorite of mine, but I actually like her better in these later years than I did when she was actually at her peak and more of a medal threat. Her LP really is nice and suits her well. And it is great to see her having a good season.

I would have switched Leonova and Czisny just based on PCS, and I would have had Mao's PCS higher, but that would not have made a difference in her placement.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
A year away from skating really cost Kim.

I think under pressure, after Miki's skate, she would have ignited and ignored her 3F demons and just done it. Like the Olympics when she hit both of them.

I think she was judged fairly. 128 for that skate was about right. I didn't have the usual Yu-Na spark in my opinion although others did. Part of that spark is hitting the big jumps under pressure...

Miki made close to no mistakes and I think she's developing as a skater. Even at this age! It's wonderful to see.

Lilith11

On the Ice
Hopefully, Yu-na will 1). skate all of next season and 2). keep Arirang as her LP (w/some adjustments to the jumping layout perhaps to raise the BV and whatever new rules/changes the ISU institutes) for next season.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Agree--Leonova has poor skating skills and non-existent transitions--I would have given her 5.5-6.0 range for those.

Back in my day, we worked hard to get marks in that range =P

Alissa, please come back!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Word. This performance was great, much better than what she gave for her SP, which clearly lacked the Yu-na "wow" factor.

I couldn't enjoy Yuna at ALL because of my crappy feed. Can't wait to see it again because I did sense that it was special despite the mistake. I hope she has the fire for next year. Such an amazing skater. A year off and she still waltzes in to take silver. But it would have been even bette to see her run away with the gold again. Not that I'm not happy for Miki. Just like to see all great skaters skate their best.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
It's unforunate that Czisny was late in the music at the end. She had to hurry the footwork sequence quite a bit and the edge quality was a bit lost.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Alissa Czisny
3. Miki Ando
4. Carolina Kostner
5. Alena Leonova
6. Kanako Murakami
7. Mao Asada
8. Ksenia Makarova

Is how I would have had the final standings.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think the judging was right. Miki wasn't great but she was the best over the two programs. Her jumps were clean and she has really improved in terms of artistic expression and connection the music. I am also glad to have a Japanese gold medalist after the earthquake and tsunami. Miki is a sweetie.

Kim is a great skater, but her program was undercooked. It lacked spark and transitions, and honestly, it was pretty boring. The jumps weren't there. I would have been disappointed if she had won with that.

Carolina was my favorite of the day. Magical skating. It went by so fast! Made her typical mistakes, but I'm glad she medaled.

Maybe it's not a popular opinion, but Leonova was fabulous. She has her flaws, but you can't never blame her for not presenting her programs and being interesting. I think more ladies could use that.

Alissa...oh Alissa, if it weren't for that fall....

treeloving

Medalist
Geez, Mao's 3A was <<! This is simply wrong, she landed on one foot, that 3A was only "<". I saw it on the replay. Amano really hates her!
I don't know anyone would think Yuna won after she skated. She needed to be clean and she wasn't. With that 1F she lost the title, it was clear!
Congrats to the ladies!
Sad about Mao here

Consider from the past result, to be honest I expect Yuna to get high enough PCS to beat Miki but she didn't get it this time. That gave a chance for Miki to win as she has higher base value.

Layfan

Record Breaker
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Alissa Czisny
3. Miki Ando
4. Carolina Kostner
5. Alena Leonova
6. Kanako Murakami
7. Mao Asada
8. Ksenia Makarova

Is how I would have had the final standings.

Always with the interesting and bold posts :) I would love to hear the rational.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Interesting that had Yu-Na actually done the flip and fallen, she probably would have walked away with gold.

Good that it didn't happen, else that would have been a real mistake. :p

billeh

Rinkside
I forget the calculations. Will Canada, Sweden and Finland drop to one entrant next year? This seems particularly harsh for Finland. Cheers.