Ladies - Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
This music/program for Bingwa Geng is just so....not working for her. Too heavy and monotonous. Although she's pretty unmusical so not sure what she could successfully interpret.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Turkiila score: 90.98, new SB, total 136.68 and into 2nd

Bingwa GENG (CHN)

SP: 19th
Music: Red Violin performed by Ikuko Kawai
SB: 91.39

3Lz - fall
3T
2A
CCoSp
ChSp - cross-Biellmann variation with hand on boot
3Lz+2T - good
3T+2T
LSp - great back position, nice catchfoot variation into Biellmann
SlSt
2S
2A+2T
FCSp

Nice skater, she just need more power and projection.

bibi24

Final Flight
This music/program for Bingwa Geng is just so....not working for her. Too heavy and monotonous. Although she's pretty unmusical so not sure what she could successfully interpret.

At least it goes with her dress :p Nice skate for first timer!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Geng score: 92.89, new SB, total 140.78 and into 2nd

Jenna MCCORKELL (GBR)

SP: 21st
Music: Voice of Violin performed by Joshua Bell, Allegro from Music for Strings by April G. Faure
SB: 84.89

2Lz - stepout
3F
3T - hands down, stepout
FSSp
ChSp
1Lo
2F-stepout+2T
3T+2T+2T
2A+2A+SEQ - stepout
CoSp
SlSt
LSp - no pretty positions

bibi24

Final Flight
Jenna MCCORKELL GBR

10 time UK champ

3Lz - opened into 2.5Lz
3F - strong
3T - step out
deathdrop backsit - okay
1Lp
2F step out 2T
3T-2T-2T - good bounce back
2A-2A SEQ - step out of 2nd 2A
Straight line step - started slow but picked up a bit of speed in the middle, slipped at the end.
laybay, catchfoot spin

Struggled to finish, fatigue?

75.77, 6th (last?) place

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
IF you asked me a couple of months ago if I would be cheering on Alicia I would have told you that you must be huffing paint fumes. However, she has proven herself capable able. Most likely because of her we will send 3 ladies next worlds. So regardless of how she skates, ( I would like to see a triple triple of some kind and also hope she will include a Salchow in her program. )
Besides her spins (no one is better) I like two things. First when she skates well she does not collapse into tears of joy beyond belief. Very classy. Also, I like her foot work. While everyone else is flapping their arms all over the place and trying to fit as many turns as they can from one side of the rink to the other. Alicia incorporates as man variations on the turns in both directions in a nice even placed rate that makes her stand out. I mean the opposite of this would be Rachael Flatt who look more like she was having a epileptic seizure or tweaking on meth. If Alicia skates well regardless of how she places. Then she has earned my respect. Also I wish she would teach Yuna how to do a lay back spin.

Here is my strange reason why I have always liked Alyssa: Back in the day, it really ticked me off how many skaters did a straight line approach to the triple lutz, flutzed it and got credit. Alyssa has always done a triple lutz the old fashioned way, on a LBO curve. Much harder. Once I asked her if this bothered her (that others were getting credit for a triple lutz, when they were not doing a triple lutz). She shrugged, and said, yes, sometimes.
And yes, I have respect for a skater who has not neglected her education. That is my other pet peeve. (And worse yet are the coaches that encourage 13 year olds to drop out of school so they can train all day) I would love to see her hang in there and get a medal....!

bibi24

Final Flight
I hope the snooker players can play faster on EuroSport.... despite them playing an intense game for days now, so many safety shots :D

brightphoton

Medalist
Here is my strange reason why I have always liked Alyssa: Back in the day, it really ticked me off how many skaters did a straight line approach to the triple lutz, flutzed it and got credit. Alyssa has always done a triple lutz the old fashioned way, on a LBO curve. Much harder. Once I asked her if this bothered her (that others were getting credit for a triple lutz, when they were not doing a triple lutz). She shrugged, and said, yes, sometimes.
And yes, I have respect for a skater who has not neglected her education. That is my other pet peeve. (And worse yet are the coaches that encourage 13 year olds to drop out of school so they can train all day) I would love to see her hang in there and get a medal....!

Back in the day, Alissa always fell on or underrotated her lutz, so it didn't really matter whether she was on the outside edge or not.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Cheltzie doing a decent job of it, though she doesn't have the tougher jumps in her arsenal. She looks a little tight--nerves--and intensely concentrating. Not bad.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cheltzie LEE (AUS)

SP: 18th
Music: Yentl (soundtrack)
SB: 79.18

3T+2T+2Lo
2Lz - stepout, attempt on 3Lz?
FCoSp
3T
SlSt
3S-stepout+2T
CCoSp
3S
2A
LSp
ChSp
2A - hand down

Score: 85.45, new SB, total 133.65 and into 4th

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Elene G. starting out on the attack, two good jump passes then a fall on the 3rd. Now right back into it. She's looking strong. Powerful music, powerful skater. Not perfect or clean, but this could move her up the standings a bit.

I like her costume--it does a good job of keeping her horizontal assets under control and not a distraction. But I prefer her as a brunette.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO)

SP: 15th
Music: Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber
SB: 97.01

3Lz+2T
3Lz - nice one!
3T - crooked in air, falls
2A+2T+2T - nice back spiral entrance
CCoSp
3S - puts foot down
ChSp
3T+2T
2A
FSSp
SlSt
FCCoSp

Good effort except for the fall.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
despite the fall, great program from Elene, she's on the right track now and Morozov in these few weeks already started a good job IMO

I like her costume--it does a good job of keeping her horizontal assets under control and not a distraction. But I prefer her as a brunette.

yeah, this costume is really better

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Such a great skate from Elene, she's got her speed back and scored over 100 in the FS.