Ice Dance - FD | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - FD

let`s talk

Match Penalty
O yes- all must look, like Meryl Davis. She will look perfect in Latin SD.
That was totally uncalled for. Just because she won, it doesn't mean that she should be mentioned every time when someone says something about Tessa.

npa

Match Penalty
That was totally uncalled for. Just because she won, it doesn't mean that she should be mentioned every time when someone says something about Tessa.

Just because Davis not fat. And now she is a dance queen - all must look, like she is. Now she is an ideal for ice dancer. Thats all :)
If Tessa fat so Meryl is most healthy and attractive preson. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I've got to say I far preferred the pink dress Tessa's using on CSOI for Samba to the gold dress she used at Worlds. I thought she looked fabulous in the pink, and with the ruffles, it looked very samba to me.

Those dresses with all those little hairs standing out, like the gold dress, give me the willies.

npa

Match Penalty
Well, I've got to say I far preferred the pink dress Tessa's using on CSOI for Samba to the gold dress she used at Worlds. I thought she looked fabulous in the pink, and with the ruffles, it looked very samba to me.

Those dresses with all those little hairs standing out, like the gold dress, give me the willies.

I think this is because now , when Tessa lose, she could have something not so bad for you, like this was before :biggrin:
Hope after this gold you will stop post so much deliriums about Tess :biggrin:
Could you to leave her alone?
Watch 10 000 D-W programs from this WCh and be happy - why you need all time touch there rivals? Enjoy best team ever and didnt watch at "puppy" Tessa - thats all :biggrin:
And they will not prevent your favorite sh=kater take gold any more - so be happy :biggrin:

Last edited:

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
I think this is because now , when Tessa lose, she could have something not so bad for you, like this was before :biggrin:
Hope after this gold you will stop post so much deliriums about Tess :biggrin:
Could you to leave her alone?
Watch 10 000 D-W programs from this WCh and be happy - why you need all time touch there rivals? Enjoy best team ever and didnt watch at "puppy" Tessa - thats all :biggrin:
And they will not prevent your favorite sh=kater take gold any more - so be happy :biggrin:

Really? I don't think Tessa lost. I think after a very tough season where she under-went surgery on both legs, the fact she could be 2nd in the World in the same season is just outstanding. Lesser teams would have just taken the season off, or perhaps quit entirely. V/M are a very special, once in a generation team, and their performances at World's this year, their first full competition of the entire season, were awe-inspiring. Absolutely, D/W won Worlds this year, and I have always enjoyed watching their great skating. It doesn't mean I can't be a huge fan of V/M, or prefer them over D/W most of the time. There's no reason to slam one team in favour of the other. Why can't we like both teams, even if we generally like one better than the other, whichever way that goes?

npa

Match Penalty
Why can't we like both teams, even if we generally like one better than the other, whichever way that goes?

Because one thing is post something good about your favorite skaters and other - all time try to show how there rivals is bad. Especially to post something like "Tessa have puppy face expression", "she will skate school rhumba in next season".
Look, what Doris post today in V-M article tread.
And i dont think this is normal to said - Tessa is fat :eek:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Because one thing is post something good about your favorite skaters and other - all time try to show how there rivals is bad. Especially to post something like "Tessa have puppy face expression", "she will skate school rhumba in next season".
Look, what Doris post today in V-M article tread.
And i dont think this is normal to said - Tessa is fat :eek:

You seem to have Doris and let's talk confused. Doris NEVER slams a team, even if they aren't her favoriite. Let's talk slams anyone he/she thinks they can get away with slamming.

npa

Match Penalty
You seem to have Doris and let's talk confused. Doris NEVER slams a team, even if they aren't her favoriite. Let's talk slams anyone he/she thinks they can get away with slamming.

Read her comment in 4CC FD tread about V-M.
And her comment in V-M atrticle tread.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
actually I think Doris was defending their tongue in cheek comments even if she didn't find them all that funny.

npa

Match Penalty
actually I think Doris was defending their tongue in cheek comments even if she didn't find them all that funny.

Yes, every person see, what they want to see :) Its OK.
And yes - if you didnt want to see Doris comments about Latina, you will not see how sarcastic she was.
But i thought now she is happy and will stop all this unpleasent comments.
Its OK. If you prefer to read all this "comments" -its OK.
I will stop and waite D-W Latina in next season. :)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
:eek: For example?

What a pink dress's approval can do to people....

mskater93

Record Breaker
I don't think that Tessa's image and dress were the right choice for her. She has a very beautiful natural pale look that matches her eyes perfectly well. That suntan and overdressy gold dress for a casual Latin dance music made her look heavier, and even fatter.

Bolded is mine, but it was written and was attributed to DorisP who did NOT write that comment.

npa

Match Penalty
Next year?
Really bring it guys! I expect their Rumba to be amazing. Heck it was amazing a couple years ago. However, I'd like to see Tessa join Charlie in the facial acting class. She has 3 expressions, and has been using them for years. 1. I adore my brand new puppy. He's perfect (while staring at Scott) 2. I'm so brave and trying to be sexy. I have my first training bra! (start of Charleston OD and Samba FD) 3. I'm so annoyed/hissy fit (Their I dare you to move exhibition). Again, she's never had to do more, and I know she can do it

Thats what Tessa post about Tessa and all other thing you coule read:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?33841-What-Do-You-Want-to-See-at-Worlds...-Dance

Last edited:

CassAgain

On the Ice
Next year?
Really bring it guys! I expect their Rumba to be amazing. Heck it was amazing a couple years ago. However, I'd like to see Tessa join Charlie in the facial acting class. She has 3 expressions, and has been using them for years. 1. I adore my brand new puppy. He's perfect (while staring at Scott) 2. I'm so brave and trying to be sexy. I have my first training bra! (start of Charleston OD and Samba FD) 3. I'm so annoyed/hissy fit (Their I dare you to move exhibition). Again, she's never had to do more, and I know she can do it

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?33841-What-Do-You-Want-to-See-at-Worlds...-Dance

I somehow missed this in that thread. That's hilarious and quite apt.

jcoates

Medalist
Next year?

Ok, that's it. I've been a member of this forum for years, but unfortunately have not been able to post here consistently for some time because of personal matters. I have been reading many of the posts here and frankly some of the tone has gotten a little silly.

So I have to assume that either this NPA person is completely devoid of the capacity to distiguish between basic constructive criticism delivered without malice and an attack post, or does not understand some of the nuances of English or he/she is simply trying to stir up the pot to create controversy. Doris wrote this post nearly three months ago after 4CC at which the begining portion of Voir's free dance was revealed. It was delivered in the context of what she would like to see both at worlds this year (when their participation was still greatly in doubt) and also what the top teams could/should be working on for next season. There was not one ounce of venom in what she wrote. In fact much of her comments were written out of concern for Tessa's injury and avoiding further harm. Similar critiques have been made over the years by fans, judges and coaches about many ice dancers being too one note in their expresssions (Belbin, Krylova, Charlie White, etc.). Doris was not unique in this. There is nothing wrong with offering useful notes meant only to help improve the quality of skating or performance we all enjoy watching. Doing so with a hint of humor, as Doris did, makes that process that much more enjoyable. I have never read anything from her that is not meant to further discussion and frequently educate the rest of us on matters about which we might be less informed. For all that she has contributed to this site, she deserves more respect that the above comment displays.

As for the tone on this thread and others, no skater or professioal level athlete, regardless of their accomplishments, is infallible. They all have weaknesses which they can stand to improve. I think, in part because of the emotional component of skating, we fans have a tendency to too quickly anoint the current champion in any discipline as being invincible and the greatest we have seen. This is never fair to them or their competition. This is a sport and if any one skater or team were thoroughly unbeatable, then there would be no point to the holding the competitions. Some champions win primarily due to their innate talent and natural affinity for their sport. They make everything look easy. Other champions win primarily due to their tremendous work ethic and drive. That is not to say that the former are not hard workers or that the latter are not talented, but each has their respective strengths. Either approach can win and over the course of most sports, it's fair to say that the both categories win about 50% of the time. Sport need both of these elements in order to be successful. It's also what makes rivalries so compelling. I think we all know which categories Voir and Marlie fall into and that's why they largely appeal to different groups.

Now it's patently ridiculous to continue this silliness where some fans attack others over perceived slights against skaters we only see on TV or the internet. Very few of us know or will ever have the chance to even meet (autograph signings do not count) any of our favorite skaters. So all of our opinions and feelings about them are derived from mere glimpses into portions of their lives and our own projections. These skaters are not our friends. They are athletes and performers whom we root for and enjoy watching, nothing more. When they retire and move on their presence will be missed and their contributions appreciated, but others will come along to take their place and give us new things to cheer about and, yes, debate. Viewing this silliness in that context makes this all seen rather trivial.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Good post, jcoates

Ok, that's it. I've been a member of this forum for years, but unfortunately have not been able to post here consistently for some time because of personal matters. I have been reading many of the posts here and frankly some of the tone has gotten a little silly.

I'm sorry to hear that (hopefully it's more life is busy than anything bad), but I'm glad you're still around.

npa

Match Penalty
OK, so you think Doris post was right with this post.
The problem is not WHAT she said, but HOW she did this. This was disrespect to Tessa, how Doris made this comment.
Like this post about Tessa is fat.
Notice - to post something, like that is disrespect to any of skater (IMHO).
But maybe some people couldnt be happy for there favorite skaters and need to degrade there rivals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
npa, I have never said, hinted or subscribed to the opinion that Tessa is anything but physically fit and gorgeous. I have never said she was fat.