Ice Dance - FD | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - FD

Speed, difficulty, unison, perfection. They totally won me over and I haven't been excited about them since the Indian dance. Congrats to them and all the medalists. I just wish there were another one for C/L because they were romantic perfection.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Also during Tessa/Scott's FD's Diana Krall (a singer I never cared for, but damn if she didn't get her Kathleen Turner smokey voice on here) section, where the music was overwhelmingly sexual and sultry, they had absolutely no heat at all. I was really quite taken aback by how much the choreography didn't match the mood of the music.

I love love love samba dancing. Unfortunately, my fave ice dancing team doing samba turned out to be a huge disappointment. :(

Davis/White were ON! A well deserved world gold for the couple at long last!

cornell08

Final Flight
V/M just have a faster paced dance that easily sweeps one into it. But they were outskated by D/W with a sexy, sophisticated tango.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh hurray!!!! I think it's right. They seemed crisper and more energetic to the end. Expected it to be closer.

Two American medals!!!! And the first gold!! Hehe. I remember Hersh gloomily predicting just one medal for Americans at worlds. I don't think he even mentioned the Shibutanis. too busy lamenting the state of American singles.

ljaeren

Rinkside
Pechalat and Bourzat would have been on the podium if those 2 falls hadn't happened. While i am very happy for the Shibutanis, I am also sad for P/B because they have really worked hard.

Final Flight
LMAO, I knewwwwww this would happen. I knew Virtue/Moir would skate better and Davis/White would win anyway because they are "due" and competed the whole season.

"due"?!, please, V/M might've won the oscar for best adapted (screenplay) ballroom dancing, but D/W were exquisite, elegant, refined, and performed a COMPLETE program. Yes, their development and growth through the season is an advantage but it isn't the reason why they "gave" them the title.

Oh, that was sweet of Meryl to "give part of their achievement" to the US teams that came before. And now their Russian coaches. Good for her.

I'm so proud of them & the Shibs. D/W had to fight so hard to beat such a fabulous team as V/M! I didn't think they had it in them. I'm sure the rivalry will continue!

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Um...OK? Good for D/W I guess. I still don't get where 111 came from, especially since that was a pretty passionless tango, but whatever. I wonder if levels had something to do with the scoring discrepencies here. Really, I can even understand D/W winning, but not by that much. V/M were fab, regardless. Good for both teams :D

I remember Hersh gloomily predicting just one medal for Americans at worlds. I don't think he even mentioned the Shibutanis. too busy lamenting the state of American singles.
Here you err. He did single them out and there's a picture of them in his column. Don't think he expected them to medal, though!

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I'm totally thrilled for Meryl and Charlie.
Off course I'm sad for Nathalie and Fabian cause their FD is lovely and they really had a chance of a medal.
Despite the overall result, don't count Ekaterina & Dmitri and Elena & Nikita out. Next year I'm pretty sure they'll be stronger and more experienced.

jaylee

Medalist
Congrats to the medalists! Really happy for Davis/White for their first world title, the Shibs for their first medal, and Virtue/Moir for their silver medal.

I'm really not a nationalist when it comes to ice skating, but I can't help beaming at what these two teams have done for US skating. I hope they get the praise and fame they deserve.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
D/W overmarked in both performances. I never seen a Tango skated with less heat, passion, emotion or sexiness, while on the technical side they are hard bet but performance wise it was totally overmarked. I think it was clear from yesterdays short dance, that the judges wanted them to win. I feel very disappointed with the result.

Very dissapointed for P/B they really threw away the bronze, will they ever be in such a position again? Has one coach ever swept the podium in Ice dance? Great achievement for S/Z

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
"Who'da thunk it?!" Can't stop grinning. Congrats to all on the podium. Absolutely a cliffhanger. Whadda way to go!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Students from one coaching team dominating an entire podium, amazing stuff!

Davis/White outskated everybody here by a margin. This V/M fan also has no complaints about D/W's win whatsoever.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh my!! How fantastic! I just need to see the rest of D/W's performance for it to really set in. Congrats to the podium! Well done to the U.S. and Canada and Russia for having all of their teams in the top 10.

Teams seven through 10 were close in score and not too far off from team three through six, so we could see a lot of changes taking place as for who will be fighting for the bronze. May have some new gold and silver challengers in a couple of years, too!