Russian Ladies team next WC | Golden Skate

Russian Ladies team next WC

volk

Final Flight
Russian gained back third spot this year! Who do you think will be on the team?:think:

Not sure which skaters meet the age requirements

S. Biryukova
P. Shepelen
A. Ovcharova
P. Agafonova?

I hope it's Biryukova

kensal

Rinkside
I personally not sure if both Makarova and Leonova will be in next year's team. It is going to be nail-biting competition at Russian Nats next year.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Age eligible young skaters next year:
Biryukova
Shelepen
Agafonova
Sheveleva
Korobeinikova
Ovcharova

Makarova and Leonova still have decent chances to make the team, especially if Alena will continue to skate tike she did yesterday. Ksenia skated injured, something with her hip, I think that's the main reason why she didn't do her best, but she is still a very good skater and has plans to do 3F-3T next season. From all the youngsters I think Polina Shelepen can take the spot, she is a good jumper and improved a lot. Also Rosa Sheveleva looks very strong with her huge jumps and great skating skills. I think these two can upset Alena or Ksenia, but a year after it will be a different story for all of them with Adelina and Liza finally eligible. As for others, Biryukova is too inconsistent, Agafonova struggled with her jumps and Korobeinikova has zero international experience and not the most difficult content. Ovcharova is a big question mark. It's girls though, they are unpredictable, everything can change

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Leonova, Makarova and Shelepen... with Sheveleva as potential spoiler.

I dont see any of the other girls as contenders at the moment, but they could have an amazing fall season and surprise us.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I really have no idea. Before these world championships, it looked like all the Russian babies might bump both Makarova and Leonova, but they both skated really well at the Worlds, especially Leonova. I really hope they can stay on the team, as I feel that this is their time and the 'babies' time is later. I'd also like to see Biryukova on a world team for once, because I think she's pretty good and yeah, I'd like to see her get the chance unless she skates horribly at Nationals.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I hope Anna Ovcharova!!! But she didn't compete at all this season so I have no idea if that will happen, she could have grown half a foot and lost all her jumps for all i know.