FAVORITE PROGRAMS for 2010-2011 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

FAVORITE PROGRAMS for 2010-2011 Season

babayaga

On the Ice
I forgot to mention that I absolutely love Mao's Ballade. This is probably my favorite program this season even though it's an exhibition.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I forgot to mention Mysliveckova and Novak's programs. They didn't skate that well at Euros or Worlds, but their music is so catchy lol.

oleada

Record Breaker
S&S Worlds FS
V&T Worlds FS (they had a small error, but the emotion there was great)
Miki's World SP
Mao's 4CC FS
Carolina's Worlds LP
Sarah Meier's Europeans LP
Mirai Nagasu's 4CC LP
P&B's CoC FD

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason Brown, both SP & LP
Javier Fernandez LP
Ross Miner LP
Patrick Chan LP
Carolina Kostner SP
Rachael Flatt SP (East of Eden)
Chock & Zuerlein FD
Weaver & Poje SD
Davis & White FD, but only as skated at Worlds
Virtue & Moir FD
Savchenko & Szolkowy LP
Y&C LP
Pang & Tong SP
Kavaguti & Smirnov LP

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Pairs
K/S LP, the COR skate was my favourite performance of the year
Y/C LP
V/T SP & LP
P/T SP
B/L SP
B/H SP
K/B SP
G/E SP
S/K SP (Russian Juniors)

Dance
B/S FD
R/T SD
V/M SD
K/K FD
K/M FD (Russian Juniors)

Ladies
Makarova SP
Kostner SP & LP
Meier LP
Czisy SP
Ando SP

Mens
Brown LP
Cassar LP
Brezina LP
Kozuka LP
Takahashi SP & LP

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Alissa's long program, particularly at the GPF. Her reaction in the kiss and cry was priceless.

Kanako Murakami's short early in the season when she was still wearing the polka dot dress. What energy. The ruffly dress later in the season was a distraction.

Kozuka's long at worlds. It was a lights-out skate and I've never seen his coach so delighted.

Jeremy Abbott's short at national's. It was full of energy and fun but by the time he got to world's, his verve was gone.

The Shibutani's long. I liked it, and I find them refreshing.

And speaking of things I liked, I liked Cynthia Phanuf's early season white dress with the shoulders. It was different, but I only saw her skate in it once, I think. Maybe the shoulders made it harder to skate. Christina Gao had a similar dress in black that seemed to make it through the season. I liked it too.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Alissa's long program, particularly at the GPF. Her reaction in the kiss and cry was priceless.

Kanako Murakami's short early in the season when she was still wearing the polka dot dress. What energy. The ruffly dress later in the season was a distraction.

Kozuka's long at worlds. It was a lights-out skate and I've never seen his coach so delighted.

Jeremy Abbott's short at national's. It was full of energy and fun but by the time he got to world's, his verve was gone.

The Shibutani's long. I liked it, and I find them refreshing.

And speaking of things I liked, I liked Cynthia Phanuf's early season white dress with the shoulders. It was different, but I only saw her skate in it once, I think. Maybe the shoulders made it harder to skate. Christina Gao had a similar dress in black that seemed to make it through the season. I liked it too.

I meant to write Ryan Bradley, not Jeremy Abbott.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alissa Czisny's Nationals LP
Carolina Kostner's GPF LP
Yu-Na Kim's Worlds LP
Karina Johnson's Worlds SP (Just for Final Fantasy)

Jason Brown's Nationals LP
Nathan Chen's Nationals LP
Takahiko Kozuka's Worlds LP
Patrick Chan's Nationals LP
Shawn Sawyer's Nationals LP
Daisuke Takahashi's Worlds SP

Davis & White's Worlds LP
Virtue & Moir's Worlds LP
Shibutani & Shibutani's Nationals LP
Pechalat & Bourzat's Europeans LP

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
My favorites this season:
Alissa's LP
Davis & White's FD (especially at Worlds)
Ryan Bradley's short at Nationals
The Shibutani's FD
W/P's SD
Y/C's LP at Nationals
P/B's FD

npa

Match Penalty
Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS SP (this is my favorite program of this season)
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN SP
Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN - love SP and LP
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE SP
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY LP (to watch it life at WCh was really amazing)
Yu-Na KIM - SP
Kiira KORPI - SP
Carolina KOSTNER - LP at WCh
Kanako MURAKAMI - SP
Akiko SUZUKI - LP (my favorite)
Michal BREZINA - SP
Jeremy ABBOTT - LP
Richard DORNBUSH - LP
Peter LIEBERS - LP
Nobunari ODA - SP
Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT -FD
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE - SD (best of the season)
Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET - FD
Louise WALDEN / Owen EDWARDS - FD
Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND - FD
Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI - FD
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT - SD
Shibs - FD
Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO - SD
Ekaterina PUSHKASH / Jonathan GUERREIRO - SD
Evgenia KOSIGINA / Nikolai MOROSHKIN - FD
Virue-Moir - SD (because if best waltz timing) and FD
I think its too many? :))) Yes///
And this season i like some exibition programs
Abbot, Kozuka and Chan made exibitions this year more funny to watch.

miki88

Medalist
I forgot to mention that I absolutely love Mao's Ballade. This is probably my favorite program this season even though it's an exhibition.

I agree. It's my favorite as well. Sigh, there hasn't been that many inspiring competitive programs this season.

evangeline

Record Breaker

Me three! In terms of purity of skating and sheer beauty, I would even hazard to say that it is one of the best exhibition programs I have ever seen.

Unfortunately it also has the effect of highlighting how mediocre Mao's competition programs can be.

doubleflutz

On the Ice
DANCE:
D/W's SD
V/M'S SD and that FD!!!! (which I truly hope they will keep for next season; it was beyond outstanding, it just needs some more outings and maybe a bit more polish on the second half)
Shibs FD
P/B SD and FD
W/P's SD (first SD that made me see the SD could be a wonderful thing; D/W's is even better but it wasn't very good at the start of the season) and FD
I/K FD
R/T SD (Lovely and charming interpretation, and a really nice SD built around the pattern, like D/W. Someone open up a post-season thread about the SD, already!)

PAIRS:
V/T SP (the story behind it makes me so happy for and proud of Maksim; I think it's terrific that he is so invested in the artistic side of skating and wanted to skate to it for years)
K/S LP
I/M SP (it was cheesy, but cute and it worked for them)
B/L SP (as far as I'm concerned they can keep it forever)
P/T SP
S/S SP and LP (both of which NEED to come back as exhibition programs occasionally, especially Pink Panther)
Y/C LP (their split makes me really sad, but at least there's still Youtube; I hope that whatever went down between the two of them, they're both proud of their win and Nationals and this program)

LADIES:
Alissa LP
Mao LP
Yuna SP and LP (I hope she keeps them both if she competes next season)
Adelina SP (I started out hating it because I felt like she could never do Janet Lynn's version justice, but when I realized how completely different it was, I started to really love it on it's own merits. Plus I know some people really don't like the gloves/costume, but I thought it was adorable, charmingly youthful without being too cutesy, and this is probably the last season she can skate something like that and get away with it without being slammed as being "too immature")
Kanako SP (Super cute and young, and not something she can get away with next season, but there's a place for that and she does it well)
Elizaveta SP (Almost messy in places, and she needs a lot of polish, but I thought it suited her strengths very well, and I liked that a lot of the movements in the choreography really matched up with the style of the music. Wish they'd gone with a nice green-blue costume in the same cut, probably a similar shade to Joannie's last year.)
Miki's SP
Akiko LP (sob)

MEN
Patrick SP & LP
Daisuke SP & LP
Takahiko LP
Shawn LP (he can skate this for the rest of his life and I will gladly pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of driving to Canada to watch him do it)
Armin SP and LP
Nobunari SP (I want him to change the spins a bit and keep this for next season, because I think it's a really good vehicle for him, it's like exactly the direction I want him to take his skating in artistically: serious, determined, aggressive, warrior-like, strong Japanese influence. He can be good with light-hearted, comedic programs too, but the judges don't seem to take those seriously. He's never going to be a showman like Daisuke or a really lyrical skater, and sometimes he shuts down on the performance aspect when he's nervous, so I think programs that showcase his speed, energy, and amazing power are the way to go.)
Tomas Verner LP (I feel like this was a really overlooked program, compared to how wonderful it is. Like Nobu's SP was for him, I think it was an amazing vehicle for all the best, most wonderful aspects of Tomas's skating, his charm, his beautiful basics, his musicality, how joyful his skating can be, without descending into being cheesy or silly. More like this next season! He should just do Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire's greatest hits from now on.)

PROGRAMS OF THE SEASON:
Patrick's new POTO, Daisuke's Mambo, Mao's Ballade and Leibestraume, D/W La Traviata. Those are the ones I keep watching again and again and again. Honorable mention to Jeremy's LP as having the most amazing potential, and definitely deserving another season to see it skated the way it was meant to be skated.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
^^ Do you mean Tomas Verner's SP? I agree his SP was great and suited him very well, but I found his MJ FS to be disjointed and a little boring, too many music cuts, didn't particularly play to his strengths.

doubleflutz

On the Ice
^^ Do you mean Tomas Verner's SP? I agree his SP was great and suited him very well, but I found his MJ FS to be disjointed and a little boring, too many music cuts, didn't particularly play to his strengths.

Oh! Yes. Gah, I can't believe I typoed that. Yeah, the MJ program was a disaster. And regardless of what you think of Florent's, I think Tomas's did not compare very well. He should have dumped it after the GPF.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh! Yes. Gah, I can't believe I typoed that. Yeah, the MJ program was a disaster. And regardless of what you think of Florent's, I think Tomas's did not compare very well. He should have dumped it after the GPF.

Yeah, I agree. I was hoping he'd ditch it and bring back his tango FS from 08-09 as I thought that was a great program that he never performed to it's full potential. But oh well, he still redeemed himself this past season even with that trainwreck of a FS. I think his Louis Armstrong and "Sing, Sing, Sing" FS next season should be much better.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

that program as a hot mess. he should have changed it as soon as he saw Florent's who certainly stole all the thunder. Even without the comparison the choreography, music cuts and costume were very weak.