2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
But Drew is also very graceful. Didn't Rebecca Bereswill break up with her partner, too? He could skate with Caydee, since she's so young. Or even Taylor Toth.

The reason Becky Bereswill broke up with her partner is because Trevor retired. Taylor Toth is on the smaller side for a pairs skater and Caydee is on the taller side for a pairs lady. I don't know if that partnership would work well do to height similarities.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The reason Becky Bereswill broke up with her partner is because Trevor retired. Taylor Toth is on the smaller side for a pairs skater and Caydee is on the taller side for a pairs lady. I don't know if that partnership would work well do to height similarities.

it worked with Caydee and Jeremey

smia

Rinkside
On the contrary, Denney is actually really short, even for a pair skater.

Comparison of female pair skaters, in order of 2011 Worlds results:
1) Aliona Savchenko: 1.53 m (5 ft 0 in)
2) Tatiana Volosozhar: 1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)
3) Qing Pang: 1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)
4) Yuko Kawaguchi: 1.57 m (5 ft 2 in)
5) Vera Bazarova: 1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)
6) Caitlyn Yankowskas: 1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)

Caydee Denney: 1.47 m (4 ft 10 in)

There would actually be a greater height difference between Denney/Toth than Savchenko/Szolkowy. However, I doubt D/T would be a good match in terms of style.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
On the contrary, Denney is actually really short, even for a pair skater.

Comparison of female pair skaters, in order of 2011 Worlds results:
1) Aliona Savchenko: 1.53 m (5 ft 0 in)
2) Tatiana Volosozhar: 1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)
3) Qing Pang: 1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)
4) Yuko Kawaguchi: 1.57 m (5 ft 2 in)
5) Vera Bazarova: 1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)
6) Caitlyn Yankowskas: 1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)

Caydee Denney: 1.47 m (4 ft 10 in)

There would actually be a greater height difference between Denney/Toth than Savchenko/Szolkowy. However, I doubt D/T would be a good match in terms of style.

Wow, Caydee doesn't look that short. I was thinking she was 5'4" - 5'5"

Hikaru

Final Flight
While I completely understand that John needs time to heal, this is so disappointing. I felt like they were finally coming into their own as a team and was so excited to see them grow and develop over the next few years. I feel as though they had just scratched the surface.

I wish both of them the best of luck!

Who's out there for Caitlin to skate with????

I am shocked and I agree with you, so sad that they had decided to split. I felt they had grown so much this season, and I had great hopes for them with their placement at worlds... what is happening with the US pairs??!! aaaaaghhh....

LovetoSkate

Rinkside
I wish John and Caitlin nothing but the best. As someone who used to skate at the same rink as John did while he was still living in Kansas City, I can honestly say that he is such a sincere and genuine person. I hope that whatever John wants to pursue whether it be coaching, being involved in another aspect of the sport or leaving the sport completely to concentrate on something else, I am sure that he will be successful.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

Damn... Door will be wide open next year.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

Damn... Door will be wide open next year.

I think Brubaker and Marley are on their way to making the team. Are Mark and Amanda going to compete again? I think they will pretty much have a national title lined up if they do.

gold12345

Medalist
Wow, Caydee doesn't look that short. I was thinking she was 5'4" - 5'5"

Caydee is more like 5'1". I don't know when she was 4'10", but that is outdated. She and John Coughlin will skate together. The timing of this stinks because Yankowskas/Coughlin are coming off of such an improved season for them, but once Denney/Barrett split, John became interested in Caydee. If nothing else, Caydee and John they do have similar styles of skating, I'll give them that. Pairs is such a strange discipline in the US, and there are obviously a lot of complex issues involved in getting two people to work together. Odd circumstances, huge age differences, etc, split up most of our pairs relatively quickly compared to China, Russia, and even Canada. It's weird to see Y/C splitting especially after such a great Worlds (and a great season in general) but this new partnership was in the works once Barrett got injured and retired back in February. :unsure: Caitlin is an excellent skater, and I hope she is able to find a partner.

Last edited:

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Caydee is more like 5'1". I don't know when she was 4'10", but that is outdated. She and John Coughlin will skate together. The timing of this stinks because Yankowskas/Coughlin are coming off of such an improved season for them, but once Denney/Barrett split, John became interested in Caydee. If nothing else, Caydee and John they do have similar styles of skating, I'll give them that. Pairs is such a strange discipline in the US, and there are obviously a lot of complex issues involved in getting two people to work together. Odd circumstances, huge age differences, etc, split up most of our pairs relatively quickly compared to China, Russia, and even Canada. It's weird to see Y/C splitting especially after such a great Worlds (and a great season in general) but this new partnership was in the works once Barrett got injured and retired back in February. :unsure: Caitlin is an excellent skater, and I hope she is able to find a partner.

Where do you get your information? Is this speculation or is it actual fact?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I think Brubaker and Marley are on their way to making the team. Are Mark and Amanda going to compete again? I think they will pretty much have a national title lined up if they do.

Amanda & Mark are taking their time to make that decision and we should know something from them soon. Amanda is on vacation right now so that's why they haven't said anything one way or the other yet.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Amanda & Mark are taking their time to make that decision and we should know something from them soon. Amanda is on vacation right now so that's why they haven't said anything one way or the other yet.

hope she and Jeremy are having a great time! :)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I say Doris and Mathman form a pair, we can raise enough money to send them to Morozov, then they will be competitive.