Patrick Chan's interview after LP | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan's interview after LP

LuCN

Rinkside
a Chinese media interviewed him after LP.I'm not able to translate Chinese to English,but I can write down some tips you may interested in.

1、he may keep the SP,but will certainly change the LP,he'll make a new LP with Lori this summer,not decide which music yet.

2、this summer he may try 4F or 4Lutz with his coach Christy.he was encouraged by Daisuka,who tried 4F in GPF.He and Christy will pracice and analyze which one he's able to do.But he'll add it only when he can do it about 80% success rate,because he don't want his programs plan with a jump mistake.and if he can do it next season,he may try to put the second quad in the second part of LP after next season.

3、he began to work with Kathy Johnson,the dancing coach who worked with Jeremy and Alissa,and helped him a lot.It helped him express himself better and have a better rythem to skate easier.

4、he had passed the exam,and will begin his class in Corolado University from Sep 1st.He'll take a course,have the exam,then begin another one.First course he choose is mandarin Chinese.He can speak Cantonese,but don't understand mandarin Chinese,and don't know Chinese characters except his name.wining GPF means a lot for him,but at the same time he felt sad,because he is too western like,and lost some of connection with China that he should had with his blood.He want to learn chinese and comunicate with the Oriental culture more in the future.It will be his first step in university.

5、He'll perform in China on S/Z's show Artistry on Ice(not Art on Ice)this summer.He's very happy for that.

sorry for my poor English,it's all I can do....other things are not new,so not mention.

purplegirl

Rinkside
Nice! Thanks so much for this. Do you have a link? I have never heard Patrick speak Cantonese! Actually, my Dad mentioned he heard an interview in Cantonese on a Canadian Chinese-language channel and I didn't believe him. I was clearly wrong!

Layfan

Record Breaker
a Chinese media interviewed him after LP.I'm not able to translate Chinese to English,but I can write down some tips you may interested in.

1、he may keep the SP,but will certainly change the LP,he'll make a new LP with Lori this summer,not decide which music yet.

2、this summer he may try 4F or 4Lutz with his coach Christy.he was encouraged by Daisuka,who tried 4F in GPF.He and Christy will pracice and analyze which one he's able to do.But he'll add it only when he can do it about 80% success rate,because he don't want his programs plan with a jump mistake.and if he can do it next season,he may try to put the second quad in the second part of LP after next season.

3、he began to work with Kathy Johnson,the dancing coach who worked with Jeremy and Alissa,and helped him a lot.It helped him express himself better and have a better rythem to skate easier.

4、he had passed the exam,and will begin his class in Corolado University from Sep 1st.He'll take a course,have the exam,then begin another one.First course he choose is mandarin Chinese.He can speak Cantonese,but don't understand mandarin Chinese,and don't know Chinese characters except his name.wining GPF means a lot for him,but at the same time he felt sad,because he is too western like,and lost some of connection with China that he should had with his blood.He want to learn chinese and comunicate with the Oriental culture more in the future.It will be his first step in university.

5、He'll perform in China on S/Z's show Artistry on Ice(not Art on Ice)this summer.He's very happy for that.

sorry for my poor English,it's all I can do....other things are not new,so not mention.

Dude, you're English is great! And thanks for sharing this with all of us. Interesting about the 4f and 4lutz. Pretty tough goal but cool that he is trying.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
LuCN, thank you so much for the translation! Patrick is an exciting athlete. Happy to know any news about him.