Skate Canada Announces Location for Challenge - Where's Canadians/Nationals? | Golden Skate

Skate Canada Announces Location for Challenge - Where's Canadians/Nationals?

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Skate Canada Announces Location for Challenge - Where's Canadians/Nationals?

Haven't seen a comment for this yet. The announcement is up on the Skate Canada website. Challenge will be in Regina, and Regina is hoping to host Challenge every year. :)

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/828/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Any thoughts on this choice? Any news on where Canadians/Nationals might be? Skate Canada International is in Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, the ISU Grand Prix Final is in Quebec City, Quebec, and Challenge is in Regina, Saskatchewan. Victoria and Vancouver have both had large events this year and last. Will Canadians be in Calgary or Edmonton? Ottawa? Moncton? Halifax?

Last edited:

sk8rdad

On the Ice
I actual posted this in the Canadian Nationals thread when it was announced.... Maybe not the best spot to post it. Halifax just hosted Winter Games so they may not get another major event so soon. I personally am rooting for Southern Ontario or maybe Montreal but I suspect that it will be out east.

sk8rdad

On the Ice
I suspect we will get an announcement about Canadian Nationals at or just after the AGM later this month.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Any idea when Skate Canada will announce? Just thinking.....maybe Hamilton is due for an event soon. And there is also the Powerade Centre in Brampton. Maybe Ottawa has a good chance, since it is driveable for 95% of folks in Ontario and Quebec, and has good flights for those from the West and the East.