Daisuke Takahashi Talks About The Worlds And The Future | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi Talks About The Worlds And The Future

seniorita

Record Breaker
I like the British Eurosport guys mostly because 1) they don't talk too much during the performances 2) they have their favourites but generally refrain from being egregiously biased towards/against any skaters and 3) they have a great sense of humour.

But yeah, I agree that CoP is not exactly their strong point at times.
I agree 100%. And may i add, they are country biased free. And if I want to know more about the technical details I ll open the book or internet, you cannot put all info inside 4 minutes so that suddently the audience will have the Cop guide, you need to let the tv viewer enjoy the performance and relax, this is what fs is basically all about.

skfan

Final Flight
I agree 100%. And may i add, they are country biased free. And if I want to know more about the technical details I ll open the book or internet, you cannot put all info inside 4 minutes so that suddently the audience will have the Cop guide, you need to let the tv viewer enjoy the performance and relax, this is what fs is basically all about.

it's certainly preferable to what bezic and hamilton do in their commentary: clean yeonah kim's skates with their tongues, blatantly begging her to come to america to revive the pro skating circuit.

Krislite

Medalist
it's certainly preferable to what bezic and hamilton do in their commentary: clean yeonah kim's skates with their tongues, blatantly begging her to come to america to revive the pro skating circuit.

Bezic and Hamilton have always been blatant over their favorites, dislikes and agendas even before Yuna. :laugh:

The Eurosport Brits have their favorites, too. Not as blatant, but they can be pretty gushing sometimes.

skfan

Final Flight
Bezic and Hamilton have always been blatant over their favorites, dislikes and agendas even before Yuna. :laugh:

The Eurosport Brits have their favorites, too. Not as blatant, but they can be pretty gushing sometimes.

yes, since 94 i haven't been able to stomach hamilton. bezic commenting on programs she herself choreographed, not at all biased LOL however it's only recently that i've got to hear the brit eurosports guys, and that occurred in the YNK era, when hamilton and bezic have been the most desperate. i don't like the eurosports guys either, they're just less revolting because they find something nice to say about EVERYBODY, whereas bezic and hamilton blatantly diss certain skaters and boot-lick others.

occasionally dick button says something ridiculous, too--like the time terry gannon called him out for saying sasha cohen doesn't just skate to the music--she skates to more than the music. what exactly does that mean, dick, terry said, for which i've always remembered terry fondly, but basically i like my skating commentary free.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ he does yes!:laugh: well, i didnt mind, i like them too!

Eurosport guys is an easy transition for me from the greek commentator who likes and finds wonderful almost everybody no matter how they skate( he is retiring now, i seek to get his job ;D), as someone else mentioned, i really like euro guys that they will find something nice to say for even the 24th ranked skater, this works great for me cause I like watching even the last skater on the ranks and hear about their stories. I can see who they like most or not, but I dont listen to negatives and most important they are carefull not comparing much the top skaters, in a negative way I mean..If someones is enthusiastic about skating, it transfers it to you also :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^So true. I will take a positive over a negative any day, but that is just me. lol.

^ he does yes!:laugh: well, i didnt mind, i like them too!

Eurosport guys is an easy transition for me from the greek commentator who likes and finds wonderful almost everybody no matter how they skate( he is retiring now, i seek to get his job ;D)

I'd vote for you, Seniorita!

seniorita

Record Breaker
:) thanx, I ll use you for my reference letter! ;) Plus it is an non paid position so i should not have much of a competition. And he is a Plush uber so i guess I have the basic requirements.